Coming events

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Coming events

Post by hermit5 »

Does anyone else have trouble with Shooting Sports USA finding Coming Events section to look up silhouette matches?
This was a handy section at one time to find any kind of shooting discipline.
Perhaps it’s not up to date for 2023 events as yet and not listed currently.
Thanks to Steelchickens and clubs for posting their upcoming silhouette matches.
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Coming events

Post by 375Short »

As things progress NASSA will likely become the centralized location for match schedules and opportunities. It’s currently in the infrastructure growing stage and comprised of a very small group of hard working volunteers drawn from our fellow silhouette shooters. https://nassasilhouette.org/

It seems to be more functional and informative every time I check in and already has some great information available.
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Post by richard »

I have done a lot of ranting over the years about this. If anyone is interested in shooting competition it is somewhat difficult to get started if you are not already involved in some way. Once someone gets involved it gets easier knowing where and what to do. The good old NRA was created to support the shooting sports however they put the first nail in that coffin when they took the Coming Events out of the American Rifleman Magazine. Period, end of report.
Rick B.
Richard
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Finally found the upcoming match section.
Also thank you for the NASSA site.
What a great professionally designed website for our sport.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

History repeats itself.Once again SSUSA monthly update arrives and I click on upcoming events hopefully to find latest info on silhouette shooting competitions in the USA.
Only to go round and round and never find that page.
Last time I contacted NRA directly asking about this and was sent a link that took me to exactly what I wanted.
Is there something different on the monthly version,or do you have to be logged in to access this info?
I don’t get why this is so difficult.
Anyone else have this problem?
If it wasn’t for Steel Chickens and other competitors posting their club match info I’d be lost.
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

It took too many clicks, but I got to a PDF that listed matches for all NRA disciplines.

I assume that match directors have to submit the events. The Texas State Highpower match is approved, so I don't know if it will be on the calendar for March, but this is page 28 of the file that eventually opened.
Screenshot 2023-02-22 054837.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Got it,I kept clicking on the words coming events and going in circles.Had to click on the photo.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

I appears that the link on the left lower corner that should get you to the Coming events is broke, but clicking on the picture to the right does get you there. I sent a email to the site but who knows if it will get corrected.
ppkny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Here's another useful site where you can find gun clubs all across the USA. Not necessarily just silhouette but all disciplines.
https://www.nssf.org/shooting/where-to-shoot/
ppkny
cecawthorne
B Poster
B Poster

Post by cecawthorne »

Here is another useful website that posts upcoming Championship Registered Silhouette Matches:

The North American Silhouette Shooting Association (NASSA) Upcoming Championship Matches:

https://nassasilhouette.org/championshi ... pionships/
steve71
Unclassified Poster

Post by steve71 »

2023 Texas State Smallbore Silhouette Rifle Championship will be November 10,11 and 12 at Bayou Rifles in Houston. Practice air rifle matches, introductory F-Class and Benchrest silhouette matches and of course the smallbore hunter and standard rifles.

Program attached.
Steve J. Bayou Rifles.