Preferred Williams Receiver Aperture Size?

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Preferred Williams Receiver Aperture Size?

Post by Jetmugg »

I'm trying to visualize how the new piece could be made from a single piece of aluminum. I know it's possible, I just wonder how many pieces of aluminum stock I'll ruin before getting it right.

The good news is that we just shot the last rimfire lever action match of 2022 at the club where I shoot (Benchrest Rifle Club of St Louis), so I have until spring to work out an improved piece.

Steve.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Jetmug, Here's the PN# for the Gib screw.
ppkny
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Jetmugg »

Beautiful, thank you for the P/N. Having to use a screwdriver to loosen / tighten the gib screw will become a thing of the past!

Steve.
Smayone
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Smayone »

I tried a 50''' aperture with my new Henry Long Barrel 22 Mag. Man I liked it except that I had to put my head so far forward on the stock to get the sight picture I wanted. I thought if only I had a fixture with a slightly larger aperture. And then I saw the suggestion to drill it out to 1/16th. Oh yeah! I was thinking about 60''' would be about right. So I did. I used it on my 22LR at a match last month and it worked great for me. Thanks Edgehit.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Jetmugg »

Smayone:

I'm asking as a point of curiosity, because I've never seen the notation of 50'" used as a reference to 0.050" previously. Since you used this type of notation twice, both as 50'" and 60'", it made me wonder if I've just learned a new way to express thousandths of an inch measurements. I'm interested, since I haven't seen this type of notation used previously.

Any background information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve.