WTB WINCHESTER MIROKU .22 LR

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

WTB WINCHESTER MIROKU .22 LR

Post by lone ringer »

Does anybody know where I could find a Winchester Miroku .22 lr in either new or used condition? I am interested in getting equipment together for this shooting discipline and any help would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to find current rules, the ones I found published date to 2018/19
Tony Tello
H.Plummer
A Poster
A Poster

Re: WTB WINCHESTER MIROKU .22 LR

Post by H.Plummer »

Assuming your asking about the 1885 low wall...I've
been looking for one for a long time and it seems they're as rare as hens teeth.
I called Winchester and spoke to a helpful gentleman who told me they expect 20 of them to hit the U.S. in November 2023.
I've given up and am looking at other options.
Gunbroker type sites are probably your only hope.
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

C. Sharps Arms in MT will make you a new 1885 Low Wall of the highest quality. And, unlike the Winkus, it is pretty much a faithful copy of the original and you will be able to easily take it apart if you wish (quite difficult with the Winku, and even more trouble to get back together). C. Sharps will even sell you spare parts should you ever need one and you will get the part in a week or so. Try that with Browning (who owns Winchester).
With C. Sharps you can order the barrel configuration you want (octagon, round, half round, your preferred length) and get the wood you want, as well.
You can order an 1885 action from Montana Vintage Arms and have your favorite gunsmith do the same thing for you (at a price, of course).
You could also look at a CPA Stevens 44 1/2, which is what I shoot. A custom rifle, so you can pick everything. Price depends on how fancy you want.
lone ringer wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:24 pmI would also like to find current rules, the ones I found published date to 2018/19.
Tony Tello
You can get the answer to your question here:
viewtopic.php?t=14998
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

+1 C.Sharps. Nice guns… I have 2.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my questions. I was able to download the rules from the .22BPCRA Website and a couple of friends offered to let me use one of their rifles this year, so I have time to search for something suitable.
Krebaum
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Krebaum »

texasmac
B Poster
B Poster

Post by texasmac »

There's one on GunBroker with a little over a day until the listing ends.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/975418437

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

I was able to buy a used Winchester Miroku last year and after having nothing but trouble with it at the Nationals in Raton, NM.
Now I am thinking about buying a more reliable one like a CPA Stevens 44 1/2 or C. Sharps if I stick with the sport.
There are no BPCRA matches that I know around me in Southern CA. so I don't want to spend several thousand dollars on a rifle that I am going to use but once a year at Raton, NM.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Curious what your troubles were with the Winchester Miroku?