Stevens Favorite

Front-stuffers, smoke-belchers and .22 BPCR!
H.Plummer
A Poster
A Poster

Stevens Favorite

Post by H.Plummer »

Is a Stevens Favorite legal for 22BPCR? The way I read the rules it is but I thought I'd ask to be sure.
jbs4570
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Stevens Favorite

Post by jbs4570 »

Yes. It is legal rifle for 22BPCRA as long as it is a good and tight and SAFE condition. Thanks, Joe Scott, VP

1. 22 BPCRA Rifle - A single shot rifle, originally made for black powder cartridges, of United States manufacture prior to 1896 and being typical of the era. Replicas thereof, regardless of origin of manufacture, are permitted. Hammer must be exposed. If replacement barrels, stocks, or other parts are used, they must be as original. No Schuetzen style rifles permitted. One rifle will be used during all phases of the match.

(a) Barrel liners: .22 caliber removable liners that fit into approved rifles with larger caliber barrels are permitted to convert a center fire rifle to a .22 caliber.

(b) Rear sights will be of Vernier or ladder type, typical of the era, either open or peep, mounted on the tang or barrel. No modern style receiver, glass, or tube sight permitted. Front sights must be typical of the era, and may be shaded. No modern or Olympic type sights permitted.

(c) Trigger typical to the rifle and not subject to accidental discharge.

(d) Cartridges: 22 Long Rifle only.

(f) Stock: Original style sporting rifle butt stock, fore stock, and butt plates only. No target rifle configurations. Cheek pieces are permitted, but no roll over. Pistol grips are permissible, but no flared or hand-contoured styles. Crescent style buttplates are permissible, but cannot be over 1 1/8 inch deep when measured from a straight line from points of the buttplate. Stocks and forearms must be made of natural wood and must be in keeping with designs of stocks of the era.
H.Plummer
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Stevens Favorite

Post by H.Plummer »

Thanks, Joe!