Ideal smallbore rifle

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Ideal smallbore rifle

Post by Merlin »

Whatever you end up with if it doesn't have a 24" barrel you will be handicapping yourself. Sight radius is huge......
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Jetmugg »

shootmore wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:25 pm Maximus, at 15 years old, won the SB Lever Action Nationals at Raton 2022 with a Henry Frontier Octagon rifle. H001TLB. I also have one, and we have two of the 22wmr for pistol cartridge division.
LeverActionNationalSBchampion2022-07smaller.jpg

I know I'm reviving an old post, but I'm interested in that Centra rear sight. Does it match up with the Henry's 3/8 dovetail well? I had assumed that the Centra base was more likely to be 11mm, but if it will work on a 3/8 Dovetail, that is welcome news.

Steve.
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Post by richard »

Funny you should mention the mod 39 with the drilled and tapped holes in the barrel. long story short, i bought one for my son and got it for a good price because someone ruined the rifle by drilling those holes! i told my son and told him if he did not want it I would find him another. he took that rifle and did some research. Turns out that to a marlin collector that rifle is worth more. It is my understanding that they made those rifles for sale at Sears and Roebuck stores. The holes were for a specific scope and mount they sold for that rifle. Who knew?
Rick B.
Richard
chickenhater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by chickenhater »

The Henry build quality is on the light side, but they are very accurate. I'm pretty sure the 23 national SBLA champion, Luke Johnson, used a Henry and the guy who tied him, but choked in the shootoff, used a marlin 39AS. So either rifle will get the job done, it's more a matter of what suits you best. Good luck and happy shooting with whatever choice you make.