NRA Portal activity issues

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

NRA Portal activity issues

Post by hermit5 »

It’s almost time to renew our classification with NRA Portal for 2023.
Most of my silhouette matches are reported ,some are missing.2 others known to me show no activity at all even though we attended the same matches.
Are any of you competitors having similar issues?
I have sent one email to NRA with no response.
I may have to contact by phone.
Looking forward to another great year of silhouette.
Thank you all.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: NRA Portal activity issues

Post by hermit5 »

I received a prompt reply from Michele Kramer at NRA competition.She says anyone having these portal issues should contact her.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Seems they are a little behind.All is well.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I suppose I need to sign up on the portal if I want to shoot at nationals next year. Most matches I shoot at they don't care, they are fun matches, they skip skip the whole reporting scores thing.
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

NRA Portal is all new to me. I took a leave of absence from Silhouette and I am trying to get caught up. Rule book seems to be v 2016. We still had books back then. Where does one learn the ropes on the Portal? I found the link from another thread. Created a username. It found me! Shows I went to two matches in 2020 and amazingly, a prone match I did in Memphis. No silhouette in Memphis so I tried a prone match. Never heard boo back from them and thus never returned. Now, 17 years later, I see my score with no idea what others shot.

When I go to pay to "unlock" my classification, it would seem I can pay $15 for 2022, $15 for 2021 and $15 for 2020. My assumption, if I were to pay, I would see some results IF the club holding the match had it "approved" and submitted the scores.

My interpretation albeit a bit cynical. If you shoot a 10 in a row at an approved match that you need and want, register post match and all is well. Otherwise, it was a fun match. So what is a club to do? Posting of results, distribution of results is part of the job, burden of a match director. Could/Should a club require NRA annual "enrolment" and part of the benefit to the shooter would be "on line" scores, classifications and how you did compared to your peers? Or do you only get to see your own scores? And even then, sounds delayed.

Would the best advice be to wait until 2023, pay for 2023 and see what populates for my GS progress? Compare to last page of my 2017 scorebook? Appreciate any feedback. Trying to figure out how to re engage my club's Silhouette program. Understanding the sport "post NRA book" would be helpful.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Judd,there are shooters and then there are competitors.Same with clubs
If you want your scores to count be a competitor same goes for a club.
Pay the $15 begins each new year.
If a shooter has no interest in Grand Slams,classification upgrade or record of any other types of NRA events,or has no interest in shooting Registered matches that’s up to them.
If your interests are in promoting your self as a competitor and attending major competitions then get on board NRA Portal.
Portal ,although not perfect,is what we have and no way around it.
I suggest that every competitor keep your own record of where,when,and your score,plus any 10- in a row for Grand Slam.
Some failures of reporting or recording by match directors and Portal is a known fact.