Best 7mm-08 Barreled Action?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Best 7mm-08 Barreled Action?

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

I bought a Steyr in 7mm-08 and I have shot two seasons with it...love the rifle and I enjoy the caliber. High power is expensive to me, but I would like to cover my bases when it comes to silhouette.

I know I have several thousands of rounds before barrel burn out, but it hit me...Steyr barrel won't be cheap to replace if Steyr even does that...

It seems like the Rem 700 is THE platform for most, but the prices are pretty crazy on those! Almost the same price as a high end action / barreled-action.

Then the barreled actions are heavy since many companies cater to PRS.

So what company would suit my needs for a silhouette barreled action in 7mm-08? I'm also not against one already in a stock as long as it conforms to our rules.

Yes, I'm aware of the one in the classifieds that I would have to change the stock and trigger but that still seems reasonable to me...just no money this month!!! Maybe it's best to wait on here for a Rem 700...
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Best 7mm-08 Barreled Action?

Post by Merlin »

Perhaps a Howa M1500 BARRELED ACTION 7MM-08 THREADED. ~ $500.00 of so. There are a number of stocks to be found for this action...,..
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

Merlin wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:00 pm Perhaps a Howa M1500 BARRELED ACTION 7MM-08 THREADED. ~ $500.00 of so. There are a number of stocks to be found for this action...,..
I meant reloading ammo is expensive, I'm probably overthinking things.

No problem paying the money for a nice silhouette rifle...I just need to save enough :)) But if you're saying a Howa would be plenty good I will take it in to consideration.

Thank you.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Don't know the answer. For me spending an extra 500.00 on reloading would help me a lot more than spending an extra 500.00 on a half minute of accuracy...
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

Merlin wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:42 pm Don't know the answer. For me spending an extra 500.00 on reloading would help me a lot more than spending an extra 500.00 on a half minute of accuracy...
I agree...

The more I look in to it it seems like a great fit!

Thanks!