2023 IHMSA Championship

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

2023 IHMSA Championship

Post by Hawkeye7br »

I am pleased to announce the 2023 IHMSA Championships will again be held at the Riley Conservation Club, in west central Indiana on the Illinois border. Event dates are July 7-12, 2023 (Fri thru Wed).

We will be shooting all IHMSA handgun events. Smallbore will include both 3/8 & 1/5 scale, Field Pistol (NRA Hunter Pistol), IHMSA Practical Hunter, and Big Bore full & 1/2 scale. We will also dedicate one evening to air pistol on the clubhouse porch.

I realize NRA no longer holds championship events in these disciplines. The rules and equipment are pretty close (IHMSA & NRA), and my sincere hope in announcing this event here is to get the word out so that former NRA shooters that miss their sport can make plans to attend and enjoy this event.

Interested? Questions or discussion is welcome, either here or pm/email me. Last year we had 266 entries from 9 states and hope to surpass that in 2023.

Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP
RCC Silhouette MD
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

Re: 2023 IHMSA Championship

Post by Hawkeye7br »

Very pleased to report the 2023 IHMSA Championship is in the books with 249 entries from 10 states. Match ran smooth with the local 4H Shooting Sports club providing target setters who did another great job for us. We again had great help from competitors manning the stat house and calling the line.

Iron Man winner was again Jared Richards of MN. Jared also won the golden Anschutz perpetual trophy for winning Unlimited with a 60x60 and 4 rounds of shootoffs against his dad, John Richards.

Doug Edney tied the record in Field Pistol Aggregate with 111x120. He joined Jared Richards and the great Lon Pennington (CO) as record holders. There were 4 shooters this year with 99x120 or more in the FP agg. Small bore had 4 shooters in the 60 club (Standing and Unlimited Standing) and 4 more with 100+ or 140+ 3 gun or 4 gun aggs.

Our junior shooters were unfazed when shooting against adults. Alexis Hall-Stout was top junior with 59x60, Gabby Kuhs (age 12) was right behind with 58 (2 of them), Cody Hall-Stout fired a 56.

Full report is available on the IHMSA forum under the World Championship thread. Sadly, Covid restrictions again prevented our international friends from attending.

Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP
Match Director