Tx200 scope?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Tx200 scope?

Post by acorneau »

Welcome back to the game!

No, PCP's are not allowed in Sporter class. The most current rulebook states...
Sporter Air Rifle: Any unaltered factory sporter air rifle that is or was a catalogue item, readily available over the counter to the general public, weighing no more than 11 pounds, with a scope and mounts. Rifles utilizing pre-charged systems of any kind other than 12.0 gram disposable CO2 units are prohibited.
I would think that folks up north would be all about the air rifles so they can shoot indoors throughout the winter months.
Allen Corneau
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

I am glad to hear (read) that the Walther Dominator was outlawed from the Sporter Class. I cannot recall all the hubbub but I gather for a year it was allowed and there was concern new records would be set. PCP vs. a Spring Gun is a whole different animal. I can still recall shooting 10 Rams with my SSP Anschutz 2002 at Haltom City.

Speaking of rams, IIRC that is 45 yards or 135 feet. Finding an indoor facility for shooting with 135 feet has proven to be a challenge. I did manage to purchase Fenton Sandlin's resetable Air Gun target stands. Only plinked on them in NH. No one interested in a real match. That was 15 years ago when I first landed in NH. Maybe with ammo and primer shortages there will be more interest.

My guidance for a low price entry training gun was the CMP 853 Daisy with Walther barrel. What is the current "starter gun" that can be scoped and used for the game? I know I started with a POS Chinese copy of something. Shot two matches and then got a TX200. Which I still own and enjoy.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

My PCP scores are identical to my TX200 scores and only barely more than my 10m if it's not windy. Not sure we really need 3 categories.
TangoBob
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TangoBob »

You can thank our glorious leaders at NRA headquarters for those 3 categories. No one there has a clue about air rifles. You see that when their people talk about them. I ran air rifle silhouette matches for 20 years and had some dealings with them, so I’ve had some 1sr hand experience. They do, on occasion listen but not always well.
NRA running silhouette was a bad idea - in my opinion.