2023 Lever matches at PGC in NC

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
chickenhater
B Poster
B Poster

2023 Lever matches at PGC in NC

Post by chickenhater »

All the talk about boat carrying and such, with a team consisting of a retired match director, the soon to retire current director and me as a grunt, leveraction matches will resume at Piedmont Gun Club in Rutherfordton, NC. We will run 6 matches as a series, with your best 4 scores going towards series awards. I'm going to work on soliciting prizes from mfgs, distributors and dealers, any suggestions on how best to approach these entities would be greatly appreciated.
The current schedule: first Saturday of March, April, May, September, October and December. Practice starts at 10am, and PC match at 11am. A quick target change out, and lunch break, then smallbore lever practice for about 30min before the match. Centerfire will follow smallbore. PC and smallbore use 1/2 scale free standing silhouettes, 2 banks of each critter, though CF is shot using a single lane of full scale swingers. Necessity may force changes in times ect, these times and routines are based on past turnout, which we hope to increase.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: 2023 Lever matches at PGC in NC

Post by atomicbrh »

We live too far away to shoot your matches but:
1. It is commendable that you are stepping up to run these matches.
2. The series idea instead of just one annual "big" match is super and should increase participation.
3. Don't limit yourself to the shooting sports or silhouette as far as seeking sponsors and prizes.
Local businesses and even the local walmart manager may donate prizes to a local event.
Don't forget radio stations. Many of them will at least donate bling. Go to the racetracks in your area and see which
businesses buy billboards there. Those businesses are the type that will support your events.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

chickenhater wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:34 am All the talk about boat carrying and such, with a team consisting of a retired match director, the soon to retire current director and me as a grunt, leveraction matches will resume at Piedmont Gun Club in Rutherfordton, NC. We will run 6 matches as a series, with your best 4 scores going towards series awards. I'm going to work on soliciting prizes from mfgs, distributors and dealers, any suggestions on how best to approach these entities would be greatly appreciated.
The current schedule: first Saturday of March, April, May, September, October and December. Practice starts at 10am, and PC match at 11am. A quick target change out, and lunch break, then smallbore lever practice for about 30min before the match. Centerfire will follow smallbore. PC and smallbore use 1/2 scale free standing silhouettes, 2 banks of each critter, though CF is shot using a single lane of full scale swingers. Necessity may force changes in times ect, these times and routines are based on past turnout, which we hope to increase.
:-bd
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Hey Y’all. I’ve shot at this range 3 times. It’s a really nice range that has been planned out and set up very well. Granite dust on the berms to see bullet hits. I showed up one Saturday and the local shooters treated me like I’d always been shooting there.
The cartridge stop on my 39A was really acting up that day. The chickenhater was very helpful about repairs, offering his backup .22 to me and another shooter giving a box of ammo to try.
I’d recommend to anyone that can to go shoot there.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

dhatch, thanks for the kind words.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC