6mmTCU

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

6mmTCU

Post by 375Short »

Any educated guess, experience or interest in speculating on how effective a 6-TCU with a 1-7 twist and throated long enough for a 112-115 bullet to not be seated to deeply, would fare as a HP silhouette option?

I found an old thread briefly discussing said cartridge with 107’s but the 115’ish class bullets have opened the door to be very effective in cartridge’s with a little more powder capacity than the TCU.

It seems like an extremely low recoil option for consideration assuming it hasn’t already been proven not up to the task. Like fishing with ultralight gear a few are likely to get away, but if most all are getting away it isn’t much fun. I know brass isn’t nearly our big expense but .223 brass is often free at any public range and certainly readily available and less expensive than most. It’s nice not having much remorse walking off the line with a few lost pieces of brass.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 6mmTCU

Post by TheBugFather »

check this post, basically the same thing as far as I can tell.

viewtopic.php?t=14893

Dennis
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
375Short
A Poster
A Poster

Re: 6mmTCU

Post by 375Short »

Your powder recommendation is a good one, will give it a try in our 6.5TCU.

It appears you are correct,I about duplicated a quest for information on about the same cartridge but that short thread leaves me with the same thoughts. The 107gr appears it won’t get it done on the rams, 112-115gr bullets may be the little weight advantage needed to make it a useful option IF it can churn up enough velocity to take any advantage of the heavier bullet. Assuming a twist that will get along with the heavier bullets. Maybe there’s not much opinion or information because the more experienced folks know it won’t work with enough reliability to bother with?