Safety glasses while on the firing line…

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Safety glasses while on the firing line…

Post by cedestech »

That white spot on the rim is were some ricochet hit me and another piece his the binoculars my wife was spotting with…. We were shooting pistol cartridge lever action and on the pig line…. ;)

Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Safety glasses while on the firing line…

Post by atomicbrh »

As I have stated here before, even our Kowa spotting scope wears safety classes in the form of a clear protective lens. You cannot believe how many pecks are in that clear lens. Was there any other competitions such as steel challenge, uspsa or action pistol occurring at the same time on adjacent ranges? The majority of the cuts I have received over the years came from jacketed pistol bullet fragments flying over adjacent berms from pistol competitions. They shoot jacketed bullets to prevent smoke from obscuring the targets and if a pepper popper is the stage stopper target, they drive it down with bullets to make it fall quicker and shorten their stage times. As the pepper popper starts to lay down, the target is at unsafe angles throwing bullets and fragments up into the air at all kinds of weird angles.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

Very common occurrence when shooting steel. Any minor surface crater or bends in the surface increases the likelihood of this many times over.

Even if you have a spare eye wear glasses from the time you exit your car until you get back into it to leave the range.
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

I recently took a ricochet to the back during a plate match. I was easily 3-times the distance from the firing line as the shooters.

I lived.

:D
ImageImage
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Jetmugg »

Side note = if you want to sell those damaged image-stabilizing binoculars cheaply, please let me know. :))