Anschutz rifle buttpad

This is what we do.
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

Anschutz rifle buttpad

Post by Hawkeye7br »

I have access to several rifles from a disbanded club team. Mostly 1907 models used for 3 position 50 ft matches. They are all set up for an armpit style hook, I would like to convert one to a more conventional buttplate / buttpad for bench shooting. Is a pad / plate available for this? The catalogs and websites I have don't show anything that slides onto the existing rail?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Anschutz rifle buttpad

Post by acorneau »

Not to be flippant or rude, but do you really need a butt-pad for shooting off the bench? Many of the benchrest guns I've seen don't really have a butt-pad, just a metal plate to protect the end of the stock and make it look good. There should be plenty of real estate on the underside of the remaining butt-stock to ride in the rear bag without a butt-pad.

If you do want to find a replacement there should be plenty of take-off parts available if you look around on eBay or the TargetTalk forum. I found a differently-shaped butt-pad on eBay for a replacement on my Anschutz 2002 air rifle. Take a look around and see what you can find. A picture and/or description of what you're looking for may also help in the search.

Oh, and any of those 1907's going for cheap? I'm sure you could find a few buyers around here.

Best of luck.
Allen Corneau
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hawkeye7br »

When I removed the hooked buttplate, it just slid off the vertical rail that it was fastened to. I was hoping there was a conventional buttpad / recoil pad that would just slide on the rail to make it versatile. Without any of the hardware, it shortens the trigger pull length to about 10.5".

I'm not much of a tinkerer. We have a guy at our club that spent $2700 on a rimfire rifle, plus optic, and the other day he was at the range with a dremel tool grinding off part of his scope base because it was too long for where he wanted to mount his scope and was hitting the front bell.

Back to the drawing board !!
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

There are so many easy ways to make what you need.
The cheapest paper based Garolite micarta.
Shoe crepe also known as sole cloud.
Aluminum bar from a building supply store or off the internet.
Cordless drill.
2 part epoxy glue.
Alan Zasadny the air rifle builder can make what you need at very low cost and it will be significantly cheaper than a fancy Anschutz dealer if you cannot make it yourself.