Taking Down - 1894 Marlin Cowboy Limited 44mag - 24" Octagon

Want to buy or want to sell.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Taking Down - 1894 Marlin Cowboy Limited 44mag - 24" Octagon

Post by TheBugFather »

Just throwing this out here, before selling on gun broker or local gun store.

$1850 plus insured shipping to your FFL

2002 JM Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited in 44 mag, Ballard rifling, 24" Octagon barrel with full length magazine tube.

You can see below what I paid for it, just trying to recover my funds to help out at the home and reduce the number of guns. /:)

I will post better pictures soon.

Now the details:

I had it drilled and tapped for receiver sight, as guns after 2002 did not come that way from Marlin.

It will come with a 70 series Redfield steel rear receiver sight with target knobs.

I will leave the Zanders fiber optic front sight or I can change it to a Lyman 17A fiber optic, buyers option.

I will include 400 Starline brass cases, 400 Hornady 240gr XTP bullets and a very nice and expensive Redding dual carbide sizing die and and Micrometer competition seater dies. The dual sizing die is very nice, bottom carbide ring lightly sizes the body and the top ring more heavily sizes the neck where the bullet gets seated. keeps from always over working your brass. Redding Competition seater dies are the very best you can get. Seats on the ogive not the bullet tip using chamber guide and spring back pressure.

Nice shape, just normal handling marks, 2 to 3 lb clean trigger.
Loading gate works perfectly, holds round in place for the next one and very smooth action.

Thanks for looking, Trying to raise funds!

Dennis Ostler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Taking Down - 1894 Marlin Cowboy Limited 44mag - 24" Octagon

Post by TheBugFather »

I will repost with better pictures and a better deal.
Used this with reduced loads to win a State 200 meter rifle cartridge match.
Thanks for looking, Dennis Ostler
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.