2022 Texas State Championship Grand Poobah of Silhouette

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

2022 Texas State Championship Grand Poobah of Silhouette

Post by cedestech »

For 2022 there will be an additional State Championship for Grand Poobah of
Silhouette in Texas.

There are no extra entry fee’s or charges to be paid. It will be awarded on total aggregate points from the state championships from Lever Action, High Power and Small Bore Silhouette. Between the 3 there are a total of 400 animals. Highest animal count of all 3 championships combined wins. It is open to non-Texas residents because we take pity on people who aren’t fortunate enough to live here.

Any ties will be broken strictly on animal count all the way down. In the case of a complete tie ( 2 shooters shoot the EXACT same number of Turkeys, Rams, Chickens and Pigs) it will be broken by random card draw from the same suit, coin toss or some other random means.

The award will be a separate trophy from the other 3 championships and a cash prize of no less than $300 with the possibility of it increasing through donations by the end of the year.

While this award does favor the higher level shooters, if it shows to be popular it may be broken down by classes the year after or awarded farther down with a 2nd and 3rd place.

If you haven’t been shooting one of the disciplines lately next year would be a good time to dust off those rifles and go to all 3 championships. A strong showing in 3 will have as good a chance as winning one outright.

:D
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
cedestech

Re: 2022 Texas State Championship Grand Poobah of Silhouette

Post by cedestech »

(and in case someone is wondering why I used Poobah....)

https://www.wordnik.com/words/poobah
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

What about non-resident aliens? I'm sure our cousins from the south would like to invade again =)) .......Chango is going to have to buy a lever gun.....I wonder if he even knows what one is? Koky has at least shot some matches here. His dad beat him last time, though.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Open to anyone from anywhere. No separate entries or entry fees required. Shoot all 3 matches and the person that has the highest score wins.

Easy peasy...

And to be transparent, This was Brandon Marsh's idea, I am just running with it and the 3 match directors get along so we are making it for all 3 championship points.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Holly crap, I have gay pride chickens under my name?!?!?!?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Chris Cawthorne put you up to this, didn't he?!? :-?

I guess it's official... air rifle silhouette is the red-headed stepchild of the Texas silhouette family. :((
Allen Corneau
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

We’ll talk about it at BRI this weekend. If Robert wants to buy in we can make it the 4…
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

cedestech wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:32 am Open to anyone from anywhere. No separate entries or entry fees required. Shoot all 3 matches and the person that has the highest score wins.

Easy peasy...

And to be transparent, This was Brandon Marsh's idea, I am just running with it and the 3 match directors get along so we are making it for all 3 championship points.
To be transparent, I was thinking of small bore and high power. But, I'm glad you ran with it and added lever gun.

What is this air rifle stuff or when is the match?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Air rifle is a whole nether set of expensive equipment that is a whoot to shoot…. Robert LaGrone is the TSRA director for it. Come to the lever gun match next Sunday and I’ll tell you all about it…
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

That is a very good idea, definitely adds some enticement to do all 3 different state matches
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Just a reminder… It’s open to NON-Texas residents…

Judy has posted the Lever action state championship entry in the lever action section. That will be the first leg.

Brandon is working on the High power and will be posting it shortly. I believe he said it’d be the Last weekend in October and that will be the second leg.

I have the Texas state smallbore match posted in smallbore and that will be the final leg and the match is the second weekend in November.

There will be a separate trophy and cash prize presented and if it proves popular we may find a way to pay it down a few spots next year.

B-)
jbmarshtx
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbmarshtx »

Yes, TSRA High Power will be October 29 and 30, 2022 at CTSA again.

I am working on the entry, etc.
RBriscoe
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by RBriscoe »

acorneau wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:37 pm Chris Cawthorne put you up to this, didn't he?!? :-?

I guess it's official... air rifle silhouette is the red-headed stepchild of the Texas silhouette family. :((
It’s little wonder why air rifle has struggled here. There are few indoor facilities to shield shooters from the winds that viciously push the pellets all over the place. The Haltom City range is one exception as an outdoor range. It has a lot of protection from the wind. It’s a very nice range to shoot air rifle and smallbore at.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

We are a month before the first leg and 2 months before the last leg. If you haven’t entered the 3 matches then get it in the mail. You don’t have to win all three, it’s a combined animal count of all 7 matches over 3 championships.