Henry Rifles

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Henry Rifles

Post by JohnHenry »

With the help of Dennis Ostler, we recently sent a large, framed photo of the 2021 Western Nationals competitors to Anthony Imperato, the head of Henry Repeating Rifles.

Anthony sent us a thank you card that we want to share with you.

"Thank you for the wonderful photo and your kind words. We certainly appreciate it. We need to up our game in L A Silhouette.
Sincerely, Anthony".

In our letter we had asked that Henry produce a side loading 30-30 with a 24" barrel and full-length magazine tube. It sounds like we have their attention.

By the way, Henry is donating a Frontier 24" barrel model in .22 rimfire for this year's match. One of the competitors is also donating another Henry rifle. And Ruger is providing a new 336 Ruger Marlin in 30-30. So we have three rifles for prizes, and possibly more.

We now have 110 shooters registered. With two months to go until the match, we expect to exceed the 120 registrations we had last year. You shooters are making this possible, and we are indebted to each of you for your participation. We are working to make the match this year even better than last year.

Jim Luke
c4p6t7r188
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Henry Rifles

Post by c4p6t7r188 »

That's great to hear. It's nice when a company really knows how to connect with it's consumers.
No1_49er
A Poster
A Poster

Post by No1_49er »

JohnHenry wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:41 am In our letter we had asked that Henry produce a side loading 30-30 with a 24" barrel and full-length magazine tube. It sounds like we have their attention.

Jim Luke
For our game, my preference would be for a "half" magazine, capable of five rounds. Or even four - first one gets racked into the chamber, then load the remaining four. Why introduce redundant weight?
Even for hunting purposes, that would be adequate considering that extra rounds can easily be fed through the side load gate.
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

JohnHenry wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:41 am With the help of Dennis Ostler, we recently sent a large, framed photo of the 2021 Western Nationals competitors to Anthony Imperato, the head of Henry Repeating Rifles.

Anthony sent us a thank you card that we want to share with you.

"Thank you for the wonderful photo and your kind words. We certainly appreciate it. We need to up our game in L A Silhouette.
Sincerely, Anthony".

In our letter we had asked that Henry produce a side loading 30-30 with a 24" barrel and full-length magazine tube. It sounds like we have their attention.
Jim Luke
Why a full length magazine?
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

I want a full length magazine for added weight as leverguns tend to be light, particularly the Henrys I've owned and handled.

Also I think half length magazine tubes are very ugly, but I care just barely less about that than I do the weight. Barely lol
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Doodaddy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:25 am I want a full length magazine for added weight as leverguns tend to be light, particularly the Henrys I've owned and handled.

Also I think half length magazine tubes are very ugly, but I care just barely less about that than I do the weight. Barely lol
Good lord thank you for saying that. Half-length magazines on lever guns are fugly!

whew... I feel better getting that out in the open.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Trent wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:31 pm
Doodaddy wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:25 am I want a full length magazine for added weight as leverguns tend to be light, particularly the Henrys I've owned and handled.

Good lord thank you for saying that. Half-length magazines on lever guns are fugly!

whew... I feel better getting that out in the open.
There's very little I can or will complain about on my Henry Frontier 24" but that magazine tube is without a doubt on that list. I've even considered fabricating my own to extend it to the length of the barrel.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

I was told size doesn't matter...

=))
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

cedestech wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:59 am I was told size doesn't matter...

=))
That may be true but size does need to be proportional or it might look a little wonky......
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Doodaddy wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:36 pm
cedestech wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:59 am I was told size doesn't matter...

=))
That may be true but size does need to be proportional or it might look a little wonky......
That’s what she said…
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?