Weaver Scopes are History !

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Weaver Scopes are History !

Post by GSL »

Hi All ,
I spoke with Bushnell today 5/6/2019
Weaver scopes ...
ALL of them !
Are no longer manufacturing at All !
They honor the Weaver warranty by either
Giving a replacement scope of similar Price
From the Bushnell line of scopes !
No more parts are available for Weaver scopes ...
A Truly SAD day

GSL
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Weaver Scopes are History !

Post by atomicbrh »

There was a discussion last week on the accurate shooter forum about this. Sad to see a corporate umbrella company end production of the micro Trac system for no reason other than ignorance about the shooting sports. Some Japanese company should buy that tooling and run with it.
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pdeal »

That really is sad. Really I don't think there is any need to buy any tooling. The microtrac design is super but not hard to copy. All it takes is the will to do it and nobody seems to have that. I have been trying to figure out the rifle scope business. It seems like one of the big guys comes up with a good target scope design, there have been many over the years, then they scrap it for something that seems less desirable. I guess it is just not a big enough market to make it worth it for bean counters.

I think the real problem is that these companies do not have any shooters in them at all anymore just investors. Most don't even make anything. Someone gave me a Remington catalog a few years ago. Everything is plastic! I hate it.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Well this sucks. I've bought almost exclusively Weaver scopes. Thankfully not one has had an issue. I even put one on a .338 LM just to see if it would come apart but so far so good. I don't care for Bushnell as they have stopped making the only good scope (3200) they had for silhouette.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Most Bushnell scopes have the "fast" focus eyepiece without a locking ring. Not a good feature for silhouette when the diopter setting is so easy to move when bumped around. The new Leupold VX-2 series does not have a locking ring on the eyepiece either. I guess a few pennies more profit was worth leaving it off. Whatever replacement Bushnell scope they send you will not be equal to a T series Weaver.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I have 3 of the V24 Weaver scopes. Has a somewhat traditional plex retical with a very small dot. For the price $325 you couldn't find a better scope IMO.
NRA Endowment Member
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

They were always superior to leupold in their adjustments. I have two in 16x with the old steel tubes (el paso manufacture). Both are clear and crisp with excellent parallax adjustments. The current Weavers with 1/8 minute clicks were/are very nice but the 1/8 minute clicks are a pain--the 1/4 minute would have sold better. So there you have it---Leupold has gone into the 'tactical' market with high dollar variables; Vortex is scant on fixed powers and their adjustments aren't very good about the repeated ups and downs in silhouette; Nikon ? Nightforce ? (ha) or the ever cheesy Tasco or the disposable BSA?
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Snake, you bring up a good point. What about us? Who makes a scope today that works for silhouette???
NRA Endowment Member
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Snake wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:23 am... The current Weavers with 1/8 minute clicks were/are very nice but the 1/8 minute clicks are a pain--the 1/4 minute would have sold better.
They used to make their Japanese-made scopes with 1/4 MOA clicks but dropped them from the lineup some years back. The T-24 with 1/4 clicks is probably one of the top three most popular Silhouette scopes around. Sure wish they would make another run.
Allen Corneau
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I just received a e-mail from Cheryl at targetshhooteroptics. Cheryl says they cannot repair the modern Weavers with the aluminum tubes that were made in Japan but can change the reticles. She said they can still repair and blueprint the steel El Paso Weaver.
mackie
B Poster
B Poster

Post by mackie »

Hi
I have to agree with all commits about Weaver scopes I have 7 6-24x40 and 1 24T with .5 dot that Cheryl put in. Its been used 2-3 times I am 73 and its hard for me to hold it steady for silhouette and I have a 36T with .5 dot that CHeryl also put in as well as most not all of the 7 6-24x40. I am trying to sell the 24T & 36T and put it out there but nobody seems to want them anymore. I would't have anything else they are the best.
Tom
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

People will buy them but not for significantly more than they cost new. I remember paying $300 for a V16 off the shelf not that long ago.
Kujones
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Kujones »

Natchez Shooters Supply currently lists Weaver scopes. I think that this is an exclusive arrangement between Weaver and Natchez. At the listed price point I'm not sure that they would be the quality that Silhouette asks for, manly in their ability to track up and down in scope settings.