Ruger Marlin Rifles

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Ruger Marlin Rifles

Post by JohnHenry »

I am pumped! Today we attended (as spectators) the SASS End of Trail match at the Ben Avery Shooting range here in Phoenix. This is a large event spanning about two weeks with several hundred competitors present.

My main purpose for going was to see the new Ruger 1895 that is now on the market. Ruger had a booth alright, but because of bad weather up north around Prescott, they had packed up the rifles and equipment.

My visit was not in vain, however, as I was able to meet the public relations guy for Ruger who I corresponded with last year for the first Western Nationals. Ruger was very generous at our match last year. Anyway, the guy remembered our match and said Ruger is planning to donate a rifle this year!

I asked about the 336 Model, and he said it should be available in three months or so. I asked about barrel length and they are making all of them.
He said they will send a 336 as a prize for the Western Nationals.

And that isn't all. In about 6 months the 39A will be available, along with the 1894 at some point. As a Marlin fan, I'm excited about Ruger's involvement in lever guns. The guy I talked to said Chris Killoy, the Ruger CEO, directed his work force to eliminate all the complaints shooters had in the past about the Marlin rifles in their design. The shooters I've spoken with who have handled the new rifle say it is the slickest Marlin ever built.

Thanks to Ruger for their hard work in bringing the Marlin back. If possible, we are going to have a Ruger rep at the Western Nationals in July to demonstrate the new rifle and let those who want handle the new Marlin.

This is definitely a much needed " shot in the arm" for lever gun shooting. Hip, Hip, Hooray!

Jim Luke
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Ruger Marlin Rifles

Post by Jetmugg »

Wonderful news all around, Jim!

Steve
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Jetmugg »

Jim:

PS - pm’s sent….

Steve
krgriggs
B Poster
B Poster

Post by krgriggs »

Hope they make them faster, still are not available at any of my wholesalers.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

Guess I'll finally be able to buy a 39A!
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Jim,that really is great news about Marlin.
Now we will have to try out all these new models to see for ourselves if they can out preform what we currently use.
Hopefully Williams will get back onboard with production of sights for these new Marlins.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

That's good news. It's nice that an experienced silhouette lever gun shooter has Ruger's ear. Hopefully the new rifles will have tangs that are factory drilled and tapped like my Winchester 1873 Sporter.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
PAndy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by PAndy »

Jim, that's very encouraging. Thanks!
joemo
B Poster
B Poster

Post by joemo »

What do you think the street price on a new 39A might be? With absolutely nothing to base it on, I'm guessing $850. Any other guesses?
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Joemo,that’s an interesting thought.
Depending upon how available they become and what current price of used ones go for.Your guess is as good as mine.
That would be if the Ruger one is made as we currently know a 39A.
Add change ups as Stainless,synthetic,match chamber or deluxe wood then who knows.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

Wonderful news Jim.

You should have received the sponsor framed photos yesterday.

Hope they made it safely.

Dennis Ostler
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.