Took the leap

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Took the leap

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

If you want a tune, check out the Yellow Forum or Air Gun Warriors. There are quite a few people out there who do tunes and quite a few with good reputations.
John Thomas does tunes on some air guns, he worked on one of mine and did a very good job. He is in PA. PM me if you want his phone number.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

Think I'm just going to drop in a lower power spring and possibly make a guide (I machine things).

I do have a line on a 10m PCP rifle and tempted to just go that route rather than learn to shoot a springer.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Grantmac wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:22 pm I do have a line on a 10m PCP rifle and tempted to just go that route rather than learn to shoot a springer.
I HIGHLY recommend this route!

Dustin
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

dustinflint wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:00 pm
Grantmac wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:22 pm I do have a line on a 10m PCP rifle and tempted to just go that route rather than learn to shoot a springer.
I HIGHLY recommend this route!

Dustin
It's 3x the cost but I'm definitely tempted. Not really an analog for my SB rifle anymore though.

The rifle in question has been modified for FT and shoots 12fpe but I've been told it can be dropped back to original speed easily.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

I took the BIG leap and it arrived. Dear me this thing will spoil you for ergonomics and trigger.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Looks very nice! I use a 2002 in the alu stock.

Is that one modded for FT power?
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

thauglor wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:46 pm Looks very nice! I use a 2002 in the alu stock.

Is that one modded for FT power?
It's been modded to 12fpe but in a reversible way. Basically the plenum volume was increased and can have spacers installed to run at 10m speeds.
I have to make the spacers (I have a lathe so no big deal), it came with a second regulator. The previous owner got one of the regs shooting 10m speeds but with the higher volume it's both gas inefficient and a bit loud so the spacers are a priority.

I'm going to run 10m speeds all the time unless Field Target becomes popular locally.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

If the accuracy is there, the 12fpe will be beneficial at rams I would think
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

I think that the Coop Shoot would be a good tournament to stretch it out at 12fpe. A enclosed, very well lit environment. :-bd
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

thauglor wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:59 pm If the accuracy is there, the 12fpe will be beneficial at rams I would think
Wouldn't qualify for the 10m class then, they have to be running around 6fpe. Technically the class requires an unmodified 10m rifle but I doubt anyone would protest a gun that's running at stock speeds which doesn't have a bunch of weight added.
Grantmac
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Grantmac »

If in reading the rules correctly there is no limitation on scope height in air rifle. Currently I'm well under smallbore height but I'd like to bump it up just the reduce the scope adjustment needed to get to 45yds (currently 12.5moa)