Price of barreled actions

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Price of barreled actions

Post by SqHunter »

What would a Remington 700 barrled action be worth? It has a stainless Lilja 8 twist barrel in 6mmBR on it. I could sell it with either the factory trigger or a 40x trigger.

Appreciate your help.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Price of barreled actions

Post by Doodaddy »

Hard to say in times like these.

You could go off of sold prices in the past which would likely put you ~$700 (based on other forum sales and new 700 barreled action prices from places like Eurooptics) which is what I would normally do under usual circumstances. OR you could note at that none of those places have them in stock anymore so your price adjusts accordingly which is what the market is mostly doing.

You can get a Remington 700 action for usually $400-500 with receiver, bolt, and trigger only so I'd put my price somewhere between $750 and $1000 and knock off $0.05 per shot the barrel has had.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

How many rounds thru the barrel? Length, profile, etc.
"Assume" it is a short-action, but could be a long-action.
Stainless or blued action?
Single-shot action or repeater action?
Need more info.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

SSShooter wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:13 pm How many rounds thru the barrel? Length, profile, etc.
"Assume" it is a short-action, but could be a long-action.
Stainless or blued action?
Single-shot action or repeater action?
Need more info.
It is stainless barrel, approximately 22 inches, not sure of taper. I would call it a heavy sporter. We had to send it back to have it fluted to make weight.

Rifle was a short action 700 ADL repeater originally. Not sure of year but it was relatively early. I shot it with a single shot follower installed but I still have the factory ADL mechanism if you need it. I have shot three matches with it, so I think round count would be somewhere between two and three hundred.