Leupold Reticle Change

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
litig8or
B Poster
B Poster

Leupold Reticle Change

Post by litig8or »

Who, besides Leupold Custom Shop, replaces reticles in Leupold scopes?
(God, I miss Premier Reticles!)
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Leupold Reticle Change

Post by cedestech »

Last edited by cedestech on Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Heavybarrell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Heavybarrell »

I waited 16 months on Leupold to open up the Custom shop for Dot install on two new 6.5x20s. In the beginning they would answer emails pertaining to my inquiry, last 3-4 months, no reply. I called Cheryl, answered all my questions and concerns I had. Stated 6-8 turn around, I'm on 5 weeks now. Thankfully someone else does it!
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Rules need to be opened up in some fashion so that people entering the sport do not have to wait until somebody sells out or "leaves the range" to buy equipment. Newbies should not have to wait long periods of time and jump through hoops to have equipment modified for silhouette.
It is obvious that the big shooting sports industries do not wish to supply or promote silhouette(Nammo, Lapua, Sk, Berga, Sierra being the exceptions) and we will eventually have to use the common components they manufacture for other shooting sports. The sad thing is Silhouette shooters burn up a lot of components, have a lot of equipment per person and spend a lot of money per person. If there were more of us, we would have some power to influence manufacturing.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

You don't have to wait. People arent spending $600 on a scope and $2k on a rifle just to try the sport. Any scope with AO will work on smallbore. The supply of leupold scopes isn't keeping our numbers from increasing. There are 1 or 2 leupold scopes for sale per week across all the different forums. And these are the scopes for silhouette.

Every time you change the rules, you lose people. It has been proven time and again. And nothing stops you from shooting out of competition with a rifle that doesn't follow the rules.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

I suppose that one benefit of an "assualt" weapons ban (not that I'm advocating it) might be slowing sales of "tactical" optics, then Leupold might be interested in servicing target shooters again.
Pagunner
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Pagunner »

Can I ask why every post for information turns into a bitch session. If shooters spent as much time and energy promoting this "game" we would have to turn people away. I have brought new people to matches and most of them didn't stick around because of the complaining and crying. Be a good ambassador. When people come to your matches, don't smear their names in letters(yeah, you know who you are and there will be no discussion about it) and do everything you can to help them have fun.

Nothing positive comes from negative thinking.
wmhallib
Unclassified Poster

Post by wmhallib »

You should talk with Optical Services Company https://targetshooteroptics.com/Services_and_Prices.htm l They did a weaver for me and very happy with the work.
Mark