Lastest On Kitty

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Yippie!!!!!
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

That's great to hear! Now I need to call his house and pretend to be that bouncer that kicked them out of the strip club in Portland. I can make up some story abouit it being a misunderstanding before and invite him back up. Nah... we should hold off on the excitement for a few days at least. ;)

Hope to see you back on here soon, John. 8)
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Go ahead Jason - for what he put us all through, he deserves it...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Out of the hospital as of about 30 minutes ago

Post by jneihouse »

First of all, thank you all my friends for your prayer and support during my recent medica emergency. You never know how many people really care until something like this happens. Thanks for the kind words and the caring that poured out from the silhouette shooting community. Thank you for the cards and flowers and all the phone calls and visits. I may not have been awake or conscious at the time but each and ever one was important to me.

Now for the true story of what nearly killed the Kitty. I told a few that I talked to that I was going to tell everyone that this was a case of trying to rebuild an aging Kitty into a newer, bionic version, but the problem is the new version won't be able to shoot any better than the old, so what would be the valud in that?

Most of you know that my health had declined over the past several months. I had a lot of congestion and fought a fever and other symptoms. Visits to my family doctor yeilded only a renewal of congestive heart failure. Deconjestants were prescrebed to take the fluid off and heavy doses of Lasix were prescribed to help take off retained fluid This caused an imbalance in my electrolytes which caused cramps and other bad things. I was often exhausted with no reason and It just seemed to be no end in sight.

Last Thursday night several of us were practicing at the range. I became disoriented and two of my friends loaded me in my jeep and took me home. Shortly after that I quit breathing with any consistancy and my wife called 911. I don't remember much after that. Local first responders came and intubated me (I'm pretty sure they use a cut off garden hose here for that). I do remember coming to in the ER as they were trying to reposition the tube and I remember telling whoever was doing the repositioning that he was choking me. He insisted he was not and I disticntly remember putting my arm around his neck and telling him that, yes, he was choking me and if he didn't stop I would show him exactly how it felt. My oldest daughter who followed the ambulance in would later describe the aftermath of this discussion and "a bloody mess with broken surgical stuff and blood everywhere (A big Kitty that is in an unreasoning frame of mind is a dangerous playmate)

They tell me that I was on a ventilator for days and battled the pneumonia and type 2 diabetes while being kept sedated and restrained. I vaguely remember a few things but it is hard to now separate what is real and what I may have imagined.

I finally began to have more and more lucid moments and became painfully aware that while sedated they had catherized me. I do not recommend this and I'm sure the procedure was invented by someone with a hideous sense of humor.

I was released from Intensive Care late Wednesday ( I think, still a little unsure of the timeline) and began to improve dramatically, leading to my release to home today. Still on modified duty assignment (read "just lay around and stay out of trouble"). I have type 2 diabetes and have to learn to live with that and stay on top of my food choices (sounds better than diet, doesn't it?) and am very weak. Don't know how many lives this little escapade used up, but as for now the reports of my demise have been greatly exagerated.

We plan to be in Zwolle for the Louisiana State Highpower Match and certainly are making plans for a full season next year.

Once again, thanks for your support and caring.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Glad you back up and moving (not quite running yet I imagine) We all missed your wit and humor this last week so rest up and come back better then ever... Besides I'll need someone to help me when I get the new HP rifle and to help me decide what 'bling' it will need :-)
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Kitty,
Welcome back, we missed you. As for correcting medical staff, well that doesn't matter too much, been known to do that type of thing myself. They always seem to survive somehow, only to terrorize some other unsuspecting "patient". I'm sure they will be happy to have you at Zwolle but don't overdo it too much, I'd rather have you around longer to keep up my innocent image!!!! I haven't been thrown out of any topless (or other) bars (yet), becuase of the company I keep. In fact it is probably due to my best friend a diabetic that has hauled my rear end out before I got thrown out.

Enjoy your new modified eating habits, spices fill up a large portion of flavors that you will miss.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Kitty,

Been a real tail puller to say the least, keep getting better and I'll see ya in Zwolle. Oh, by the way emergency staff need to be made aware everyonce in awhile that we been living in this body for awhile and they are just simple observers.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Kitty

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Welcome back kitty.
I called your house earlier, and you were taking a nap, talked to your wife for a while, she was not too happy with some of the things that happened at the hospital, but we are all glad you are back home. Now I really don't know how many lives a cat has, but it seems like you already used a couple of them, you need to really start taking better care of yourself.
I really think that you are really pushing it somewhat, in trying to make it to Zwolle, I would not recomended, first of all, there are no nice restaurants, and NO CLUBS, if you are concerned about Kolby, I would not worry about him, we will help him, and take care of him, there really is no way he can get in any kind of trouble, even do this is Louisiana, Zwolle is a two street town in the middle of nowhere.
Take care John, will call you tomorrow.
Evelio.
Evelio
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

You guys wouldn't beieve some of the things that I saw (think I saw?) while in ICU. One of the most inept bunch of people I had ever seen. Case in poin, my larnyx was damaged in trhe intubation articulation. Due to the damage I had to prove I could swallow before being put on soft liquids. So off we go to a special x-ray machine that can be used to xray grizzly bears who have swallowed small children. By the time I pass the test I've drank an 8 oz cup of near 100percent sugar. Remember they have now diagnosed me as a typeII diabetic. You can guess the rest.

Kittyi
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

Welcome home John.

You had us on the edge worrying about you.

Sounds like Evelio has the best advice for now. Not sure when Zwolle is but from what I have heard about the place, you might be ahead of the game to
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

John, soo happy to hear of your getting to go home. Hope you have a speedy recovery and are back out coaching and shooting soon. Your experience sure makes some of us take note on what can happen sooner than we think.

Kevin
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Hey Kitty,

Don't worry about what might have happened at ER, trust me they will bill you for it and the at three more cases behind or in front of you!!! I'm glad you survived that treatment, now get better so we can continue to harrass you as needed..

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Congrats on the recovery!

Went to a call recently (I play a FireFighter on the weekends) on an elderly gent who got disoriented and pulled his catheter out thinking it was in his way... This thing had a balloon end the size of a walnut to keep it in place... Just a mess.... Thankfully Kitty, you sound like you kept yours in. :shock:
ImageImage
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

mordecai wrote:This thing had a balloon end the size of a walnut to keep it in place... Just a mess.... :shock:
Hey, sometimes you get used to passing walnuts...

Glad you're out John - Let me know when you're up for the Man Cave...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ