Annual Silhouette Classification FEE

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Annual Silhouette Classification FEE

Post by Snake »

Be advise that I just got the official word that there is an annual classification fee starting January 31, 2020 of $15 American. You can pay it via https://competitor.nra,org/Login.aspx Your scores while reported may not be processed until paid. Just a little good news for the new year =p~ There are no fees charged at the club level for approved matches, like your monthly matches. Fees will be charged at the National, Regional nd State match level.....Think of the $15 like the old book fee. :-?
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Annual Silhouette Classification FEE

Post by Another Dang 9 »

So if I shoot like crap at the nationals I don't have to pay the fee?
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Another Dang 9 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:27 pm So if I shoot like crap at the nationals I don't have to pay the fee?
Sure sounds like it. Seems to me you didn't shoot the Nationals without a book but now you can dodge the crappy score :-o
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Can't dodge my crappy score no matter how hard I try.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

I appreciate the NRA supporting our metallic silhouette events. The $15 annual certification fee is a small price to pay. It's also a bargain for those of us who used to pay for two score books to shoot rifle and pistol.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

Just paid my fee using the NRA competitor portal. Online credit card payment, good until Dec. 31, 2020. Super easy to do!
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Emietenkorte wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:15 pm Just paid my fee using the NRA competitor portal. Online credit card payment, good until Dec. 31, 2020. Super easy to do!
Yup, I did as well. I needed to, seeing as I got 10 in a row Rams at today's air rifle match and that was the last animal I needed to complete my first Grand Slam! :ymparty:

I have to go check my paperwork to see if I have all the letters acknowledging the receipt of my other portions of the Grand Slam. I'm guessing the record-keeping at the NRA has been a bit... mmm, irregular as of late.
Allen Corneau
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I have to admit that I am a little confused. If I want to shoot nationals but I don’t care if my scores are posted on the NRA portal then I don’t need the card? Only if I want my scores recorded and posted is when I need to pay the classification fee?

Or do I need to pay the classification fee prior to registering for a national match?

Our club doesn’t really hold any approved NRA matches. Maybe and I mean maybe if someone needs to be classified prior to going to National at Raton our match director might do an approved shoot.

This is not something I would do every year but if I need it prior to registering for nationals if they ever come back to the Whittington Center I need to know.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

I could be wrong but I believe you need to pay the fee so your scores get recorded, and so you can get a classification card which you will need to shoot in any classification other than "unclassified" at Nationals (or any other major match).

Again, I could be wrong but that's my reading of it.
Allen Corneau
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

I wouldn't be surprised if some clubs decide not to award a shooter who hasn't paid the classification fee. That would be in spite in my opinion if they want to confirm you have paid. However, the 2019 classification cards don't have an expiration date. The match fee should be payment enough for any awards. If you have enough Match Winner awards and all your Grand Slams then why not just support the sport with just $15 per year?
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

acorneau wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:17 pm
Emietenkorte wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:15 pm Just paid my fee using the NRA competitor portal. Online credit card payment, good until Dec. 31, 2020. Super easy to do!
Yup, I did as well. I needed to, seeing as I got 10 in a row Rams at today's air rifle match and that was the last animal I needed to complete my first Grand Slam! :ymparty:

I have to go check my paperwork to see if I have all the letters acknowledging the receipt of my other portions of the Grand Slam. I'm guessing the record-keeping at the NRA has been a bit... mmm, irregular as of late.
Hey CONGRATS Allen! The first of many!
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Thank you for the clarification. Those years when I expect to compete in an approved match then I will get one of those cards.
jbolt
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jbolt »

Sporty wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:09 pm I wouldn't be surprised if some clubs decide not to award a shooter who hasn't paid the classification fee. That would be in spite in my opinion if they want to confirm you have paid. However, the 2019 classification cards don't have an expiration date. The match fee should be payment enough for any awards. If you have enough Match Winner awards and all your Grand Slams then why not just support the sport with just $15 per year?
Back in the dark ages when we still used those pesky paper books our club matches never required anyone to have a book to compete for awards. Same goes for the hip new modern sexy loose pile of classification cards we have now.

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out in the end. I know several people who still compete at club matches but have decided not to be part of the classification system. I believe we lost a few because of it.

January and February used to be some of our better attended matches when people were excited about getting their new books. Not so much now.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

I'll bet some enterprising young swain can make a nickel hustling an app for one's personal scores and classifications....then just like that a fella will be hooked in to the electronic world :ymsick: Maybe mother NRA can be linked in so we can all go hands free (whatever that means). In regard to losing folks because of the classification changes, I hear that all the time .... =;
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Dave, you will be classified as master without a classification.