help with CG trigger

This is what we do.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

help with CG trigger

Post by SqHunter »

Who is a good person to send a CG trigger to for adjustment? Neither I nor the man who built my 40x rifle have been able to get the trigger to "match grade". It feels like there are really three stages, and the middle one is very mushy.

thanks!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: help with CG trigger

Post by Doodaddy »

SqHunter wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:18 pm Who is a good person to send a CG trigger to for adjustment? Neither I nor the man who built my 40x rifle have been able to get the trigger to "match grade". It feels like there are really three stages, and the middle one is very mushy.

thanks!
Not the manufacturer for sure. I sent mine back 3 times and they simply cannot adjust their own trigger. I ended up having a failure in the first match I shot with it and had to tear down the rifle right at the range. I felt the three stages you mentioned when it came from the factory. It was a gap between the first stage ending and the second stage not being engaged yet. It's fixable for sure. It's just adjustment.

I suggest taking an afternoon and doing it yourself. You'll end up much happier than someone hoping to get it right for you. The instructions on how to do it got me there and now I have nothing to complain about with the trigger. Functions and feels great.

http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/images/M ... 202014.pdf
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Doodaddy wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 am
SqHunter wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:18 pm Who is a good person to send a CG trigger to for adjustment? Neither I nor the man who built my 40x rifle have been able to get the trigger to "match grade". It feels like there are really three stages, and the middle one is very mushy.

thanks!
Not the manufacturer for sure. I sent mine back 3 times and they simply cannot adjust their own trigger. I ended up having a failure in the first match I shot with it and had to tear down the rifle right at the range. I felt the three stages you mentioned when it came from the factory. It was a gap between the first stage ending and the second stage not being engaged yet. It's fixable for sure. It's just adjustment.

I suggest taking an afternoon and doing it yourself. You'll end up much happier than someone hoping to get it right for you. The instructions on how to do it got me there and now I have nothing to complain about with the trigger. Functions and feels great.

I have lost the last of my hair trying to fix it myself! I sent it back to the manufacturer, I don't have much hope. Wish I had built a 5418 instead of the 40x.
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

It took quite a while (approx 3 hours) to adjust mine to where I liked it. Lots of fiddling, testing and naughty words! I'm switching everything over to Bix n' Andy with my new builds though... Maybe that's the solution?
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

I like my Bix tac sport pro on my highpower. Only thing I am keeping an eye on is the weight adjustment screw, nothing to stop it from turning under recoil.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

SqHunter wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:28 am
Doodaddy wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 am

thanks!

I have lost the last of my hair trying to fix it myself! I sent it back to the manufacturer, I don't have much hope. Wish I had built a 5418 instead of the 40x.
I'll adjust it if you'd like. I can bolt it up to my 2500X and do it to whatever you'd like.
Emietenkorte wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:30 am It took quite a while (approx 3 hours) to adjust mine to where I liked it. Lots of fiddling, testing and naughty words! I'm switching everything over to Bix n' Andy with my new builds though... Maybe that's the solution?
BixNAndy was my first choice as that was the choice trigger in benchrest (at the time at least), but they didn't make a two stage that was heavy enough so I went the route of Jackson. I built my rifle and then they announced the new trigger. I could have set the world on fire LOL.

I do think BNA is the right move on new builds. It's what I would do moving forward.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

thauglor wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:17 pm I like my Bix tac sport pro on my highpower. Only thing I am keeping an eye on is the weight adjustment screw, nothing to stop it from turning under recoil.
I liked using fingernail polish on threads to freeze them, but not lock them in place. May not be strong enough on highpower though.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Thank you. I have already mailed it to the manufacturer, but if they can't make it any better I may take you up on it. Appreciate the offer.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

SqHunter wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:18 pm Thank you. I have already mailed it to the manufacturer, but if they can't make it any better I may take you up on it. Appreciate the offer.
You're very welcome. I know what it's like where you are, so it would be rude of me not to at least help!
Toms
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Toms »

I had 2 jackson triggers. Worked on them for several days. Finally sent them back for addjustment. Got them back. Installed one with same problems. Promptly sold them. I never had other triggers for remington that i could not get addjusted. They are pure junk. Toms.
Porpoise
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Porpoise »

I have one I had great difficulty getting it adjusted but now it works great. There were 2 things wrong however. First the trigger sat too high and bound up the bolt in cocking. I had to file the cocking price on the bolt a bit. But when I put it on another gun I didn’t have this problem. The other thing was unless the first stage travel is short the spring loaded ball holding it back comes out too far and the travel towards the second stage has to push it not aligned well back in and it’s rough. Plus it was a nightmare to adjust but when I switched rifles I didn’t have to adjust it again
Porpoise
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Porpoise »

With respect to the first post I don’t see how you could not have a nice solid hit at the second stage I suggest adjusting it with a very short first stage travel and if you can get it good increase the travel to where you want or where it starts to feel crappy