Redfield Target

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
longbow62
B Poster
B Poster

Redfield Target

Post by longbow62 »

I am wondering about the Redfield Target 8-32x40mm target dot 1/4" clicks. What kind of reputation do these have?
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Redfield Target

Post by GSL »

HI ,

WELL LONES WIGGER liked it and endorsed it ...

do you NEED a variable ? they are much heavier and you still have to pick a power ...

good luck

GSL
saikatana
B Poster
B Poster

Post by saikatana »

I can only answer on Redfield quality with my Redfield 12X Metallic Silhouette Scope.
Glass was clear, click adjustment smooth and repeatable. Got my only 5 in a Row Turkey Pin
with that scope on a 1940 510 Remington. Only down side to that scope? !/3 MOA adjustment.
Objective was marked in Silhouette distances and made for a nice rig.
I would jump on it myself
Good Luck
Saikatana
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pdeal »

I had one of these briefly. I bought it used. I can't remember all the particulars of what all transpired. Bottom line is that I did not like it, got so disgusted with it that I threw it away. Not my normal approach to things like this. The one part of it that was really good was the eyepiece which is still to this day (I'd guess I had this scope 15-20 years ago) on my desk as a wonderful little magnifier.

I would not give $25 for the thing based on my memory of the one I had.

I got it after hearing that Lones Wigger thought highly of them. I am pretty sure it was not usa redfield (which often was not that great either in spite of their reputation). It came along at about Redfield's end.
longbow62
B Poster
B Poster

Post by longbow62 »

Well the scope came in and it's looks brand new. I have it mounted, but not sighted in. Ranges marked in meters and yards with Sil ranges engraved on the bell. Half minute dot or so it appears. I have nothing to compare to other than a 1/8" dot. This dot is way bigger must be 1/2". Decently clear optics in my opinion. If it tracks well it will be a very nice scope.