Bad News

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Bad News

Post by cedestech »

DAVIDMAGNUM wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:40 pm While the information is correct, the title couldn't be more wrong. It is great news

You might oughta re-read the entire thread....

No one is really complaining about the venue...

Some are annoyed that plans had been made for Raton because that is the info we've had for 6 months....

The REASON it has changed should greatly worry you and make the thread name apropos...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

I read more than a few complaints about the venue.
I understand the confusion and disorganized mess that the NRA can be. These are the same people that mailed my new 5 years membership card and my membership is overdue. please donate today.... In the same mailing.
I was addressing the comments that I perceived were about the location and venue. Not the NRA and it's mishandling of the Nationals.
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Use this as a lesson to not pay for anything that isn't refundable without getting the entry forms in your hand. Only then is it most likely to be set in stone.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

DAVIDMAGNUM wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:13 pm . Not the NRA and it's mishandling of the Nationals.
God Bless your heart....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

God Bless your heart....
[/quote]

SARCASM EHH! EHH! EHH!

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

DAVIDMAGNUM wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:40 pmWe are supposed to be a shooting COMMUNITY . Don't be the dysfunctional family that the libtards will mock.

You don't even see your own hypocrisy. When you deride fellow members of our community you deserve to be mocked because you are the dysfunctional family member.

B-)
Last edited by acorneau on Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allen Corneau
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

acorneau wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:53 pm
DAVIDMAGNUM wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:40 pmWe are supposed to be a shooting COMMUNITY . Don't be the dysfunctional family that the libtards will mock.

You don't even see your own hypocrisy. When you deride fellow members of our community you deserve to be mocked because you are are the dysfunctional family member.

B-)
Damn Allen... LOL. :ymhug:
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

DAVIDMAGNUM wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:40 pm dwostier the drive to Raton is long from the east coast by the way
I have many good friends from PA, and they are fantastic people!

I'm just pointing out that Raton is roughly in between the East and West coast, I think that makes it equally hard or easy for most of the country to get to. I plan on visiting Ridgway and I'm sure I'll have a great time. My point is only that if you are going to have a match in one location, as was stated many times at the Nationals, the middle seems the best place. Now if I could have a rotation out to the West Coast, like I said our club has also hosted many times, wouldn't that be even better? :-? Maybe not.

Please don't get me wrong, something is always better than nothing, so if the people who live too far away can go to a Regional in Raton, what is wrong with that?

The people and venue at Ridgway are fantastic, just the distance isn't ideal for some.

Dennis (dwostler)
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

dwostler wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:19 pm Now if I could have a rotation out to the West Coast, like I said our club has also hosted many times, wouldn't that be even better? :-? Maybe not.

Dennis (dwostler)
If this all blows over AND there are still Nationals 2021 and later.... if it's going to rotate it should rotate East, West middle....
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

=))

Let just shoot and have fun, I'm just glad to have some place that tolerates my need to take pictures.

Some of my best shots are with my camera :)

Dennis
2018CALever-00406.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TheBugFather on Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I was not happy about the nationals not being at The Whittington Center but then I remembered that I can now use that money to buy a new snowboard.

Thank you NRA. :D
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

DAVIDMAGNUM wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:40 pm
davidabq no what really sucks is having the match at Raton every year, this effectively shut out blue collar working folks due to the travel and logging
I was initially angry about the venue change but now that I have thought about it Ridgeway can keep the Nationals full time as far as I am concerned. There are some nice events nearby to attend. Dave Bonner’s Colorado SB Silhouette match is very well run with great door prizes, a potluck at the end of both days, doughnuts in the morning and lets be honest Denver is a hell of a lot of fun to visit.

Screw Nationals I have other events and interests to pursue in my free time.

Keep the Nationals back east as far as I am concerned. :-bd
Last edited by DavidABQ on Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

Alan

I am most definitely not a hypocrite, I was directly responding to statements made in this thread.
You do not know me, you have not met me. I made no personal comment about anyone on this site.
I simply responded to statements made on this thread.
IF you disagree with anything I said, so be it. People disagree with each other all the time. I have no problem with that.
IF the NRA had made this decision from the get go the change would be easier to take. I was responding to what I believed were general statements about the Nationals being in Pennsylvania.
The statement about being dysfunctional instead of a community was directed at the idea of having a regional match at the same time as the Nationals with the sole purpose of disruption of the Nationals.
I would be willing to shake your hand and spot for you any time.
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

Have rifle will travel.... Looking forward to shooting at Ridgway. Never been out there before but I just love to shoot, no matter where it is. That's why I started in this game, love to shoot, love the people who shoot it. I hope to see all of you out there, hopefully for the same reasons!
#pewpew
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

I just checked the NRA website and SB, HP and lever gun silhouette are all listed as being in Raton in July of this year 2020. My Regional (Missouri) has had the same weekend in August (the 3rd) for the last 12 years. Ridgway chose to schedule their 2019 the weekend before my regional and cost us dearly. If Ridgeway is destined to have it for 2021 I will and can change my regional date.....I can't change mine now (we schedule in stone in November). This thread is just producing confusion. Absent some official statement I have to rely on the NRA website for the schedule. In the event any of you are tempted to ask....yes I'm on simmer :-w