WA St Smallbore Silhouette State Championships Sept 29/30

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Innocent wrote:FYI for the Pacific NW people.

Southwest flies into Jackson MS, only about an hour and 45 minutes from Winny, freeway until the last 25miles or so. Easy drive.

Mary
Wasn't Southwest the one whos landing gear wouldnt come down and crashed when it landed? I think I see what Innocent is trying to do, eliminate us NW people before we even get there. :lol:
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Shakes,
I do not know about the SW crashing a plane, hell put enough firearms in the cargo hold and that should protect the passagers some from no landing gear. I'm not too worried about the Pacific NW people, remember that I am from Florida and that is the classic hot humid climate too, with gusty switching winds. Fun stuff to shoot in almost as much fun as Colorado with their 25+ staedy winds. THere you just had to lean into it most of the time.
BtTW I have had very few problems flying SW with the firearms, nearly all of the issues have been Down East area. Some occasional discussions about adding max insurance on my luggage but usually I can work that out.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

I've heard something about the south being humid. :lol: I'll just have to wear one of those suits that wrestlers use to loose weight from now until the Classic to build up my tollerance to the humidity. Kind of like those cyclists who train at high altitude and then tranfuse the oxygen rich blood back into themselves at lower altitude to gain an advantage.
Byron
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Byron »

Count me in on the traveling down south next year. I had a great weekend at the Mid South Classic this year. The guys made me feel at home dispite the fact that I was a Yankee! I hope to do all three parts of the trifecta next year. The food and beverages were great. The match was run very very well. Thanks to Alston, Frank and Chicken.

I also had a great time at the Washington State match this past weekend.
A great group of guys who I love to shoot with.

Thanks to Steve and Marv for running the match and to Harrys family for the great food.

Byron