2019 Mexico Nationals Smallbore Championship

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

2019 Mexico Nationals Smallbore Championship

Post by atomicbrh »

Dustin put a fantastic but brief video and report on the Louisiana Silhouette Facebook page of Day 1 of the Smallbore match. 224 competitors. They only shoot one 40 round smallbore match per day. As far as I know they do not have a hunter rifle division.https://m.facebook.com/louisianasilhouette
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: 2019 Mexico Nationals Smallbore Championship

Post by dustinflint »

Anyone that shoots silhouette should go see and do it in Saltillo, Mexico. This was far and away the greatest shooting experience I've ever had. Their passion for the game is out of this world. It is beyond explanation. If you have a shooting bucket list, dump it out and fill it with annual trips to Mexico.

Dustin
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

We know you just got home but when you have time down the road could you do a writeup about what is involved from the very beginning to make that trip? Passports. Paperwork to get a personal rifle and personal ammo into Mexico. How well a totally non-Spanish speaking person would make it. Food. What did you guys eat? Entry fee costs? Lodging. Lodging costs? A lot of those guys in Mexico have travelled far into the States to shoot with us. We should try to return the courtesy whenever possible.
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pdeal »

Thanks for the video! How was the trip (i mean the logistics)? Do you fly into Monterrey? Any trouble bringing a rifle down there?

Bobby must have been typing while I was but he said it better. Oh and the food! How is that? The one other time I was in Mexico (Juarez years ago) it was really good.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

I'll try to post some details later when I have a few minutes.

Dustin
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Dustin, the term I meant to use is "guidebook" to shooting that match in Mexico. Don't rush. We know you have a lot on your plate.