Leupold Silhouette scope survey

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Leupold Silhouette scope survey

Post by acorneau »

This was posted on the "Metallic Silhouette Shooters Society" Facebook page and I figured it ought to be here as well. Posted by Vici Peters...
Hello silhouette shooters? I have been working with our engineering team to get a new silhouette scope developed. Can you respond to this survey to make sure we are on the right track?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/76N6ZSM

The engineers would prefer to create a side focus scope. I know some of you said you wanted an adjustable objective. We'd like to better understand why and make sure we give you the features and performance you need.
The thread on FB can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/4438291 ... 033404268/

(If you have a comment or question for Vici then post over on the FB page, not here!)
Allen Corneau
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Leupold Silhouette scope survey

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I refuse to use FB for any reason.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Another Dang 9 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:02 pm I refuse to use FB for any reason.
Ditto here. Leupold should post the question on forums directly like this one and others to get input. I mean where better to go a survey done about silhouette shooting preferences than oh I don't know a forum devoted to only Silhouette? Genius!
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Dee wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:33 amDitto here. Leupold should post the question on forums directly like this one and others to get input. I mean where better to go a survey done about silhouette shooting preferences than oh I don't know a forum devoted to only Silhouette? Genius!
Do you know how many people have had their registration to this site go unanswered and not able to post? There's an entire thread on Rimfire Central of people who haven't been able to get on Steel Chickens, sometime for years.

So I am not surprised it was not originally posted here, but luckily there are those of us who try to spread the word when something needs to be shared with all corners of the silhouette community.
Allen Corneau
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

The survey itself is not on FB so you can still take it. I thought it was good and it is great to see they are even thinking about a new silhouette scope.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

If you want to see match results, pictures, updates and opinions from silhouette shooters all over the world, including the top shooters in the world; and you want to know whats going on with silhouette worldwide - go to Facebook.

If you want to hear opinions from about ten shooters in the U.S. and watch about ten others complain and fight - go to SteelChickens.

Dustin
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

thauglor wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:14 am The survey itself is not on FB so you can still take it. I thought it was good and it is great to see they are even thinking about a new silhouette scope.
That. Same as people asked Henry to make 24" rifles. They did and we bought several just on principle. You can't ask someone to make something and then not purchase it.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

dustinflint wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:15 am If you want to see match results, pictures, updates and opinions from silhouette shooters all over the world, including the top shooters in the world; and you want to know whats going on with silhouette worldwide - go to Facebook.

If you want to hear opinions from about ten shooters in the U.S. and watch about ten others complain and fight - go to SteelChickens.

Dustin
Double That... I've said it before. This forum is a very vocal minority of a very small sport...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

dustinflint wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:15 am If you want to see match results, pictures, updates and opinions from silhouette shooters all over the world, including the top shooters in the world; and you want to know whats going on with silhouette worldwide - go to Facebook.

Dustin
This guy gets it.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Ah I had no idea there were issues with getting new members able to register here. Is Mike still webmaster of the site? I filled out the other survey.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Leupold shot themselves in the foot when they quit supporting the Dick Thomas bump. 20 to 40 was the best.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

If you want to see match results, pictures, updates and opinions from silhouette shooters all over the world, including the top shooters in the world; and you want to know whats going on with silhouette worldwide - go to Facebook.

I refuse to post anything on fb or twittttter
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

It's my opinion that a silhouette scope is ideally a 1" tube with a parallax adjustment on the objective of the old 'quick' focus style to keep weight down to no more than 16 or so ounces and various fixed powers such as 12x, 16x, 24, and 30x. Side focus are heavier and usually 30mm tubes.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

FB is run by a billion dollar (leftist) corporation. SC is run by one guy.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

Thanks for posting survey, I did it and it was easy. I think it is great they even did the request for info from silhouette shooters.