2010 Tennessee State Championships Results

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

2010 Tennessee State Championships Results

Post by Gator »

Here are the winners of the Tennessee State Matches. Scores are based on 60-round matches.

Pictures and more discussions will follow

Gator

Silhouette Rifle
Laura Goetsch Master 52 State Champ Hi Lady Whites Creek TN
Coats Watkins Master 52 1st Open Hi Junior Merritt Island FL
William Zander Master 51 1st Master Houston TX
Mary Watkins Master 43 2nd Master Merritt Island FL
Glen Hughes AAA 44 1st AAA Hi Senior Birmingham AL
Harold Yoder AAA 44 2nd AAA Homewood AL
Benny Grigg AAA 43 3rd AAA Shelby NC
Gregg Hamilton AA 38 1st AA Soddy Daisy TN
Hugh McCombs AA 37 2nd AA Orange Park FL
Kathryn Grigg AA 35 3rd AA Shelby NC
Kimberly Dyer AA 33 4th AA Shelby NC
Rex Medlin A 29 1 st A Tuscumbia AL
Jessica Hamilton A 25 2nd A Soddy-Daisy TN
Judy Guttery A 24 3rd A Hayesville NC
Cory Richardson A 22 4th A Whitwell TN
John Peterson B 18 1St B Smyrna TN
Ronald Sanders B 14 2nd B Soddy-Daisy TN

Hunter Rifle
Jason Peterson AA 40 State Champ Bell Buckle TN
William Zander Master 52 1st open Houston TX
Coats Watkins Master 49 1st Master Hi Junior Merritt Island FL
Glen Hughes Master 48 2nd Master Hi Senior Birmingham AL
Mary Watkins Master 42 Hi Lady Merritt Island FL
Benny Grigg AAA 41 1st AAA Shelby NC
Harold Yoder AAA 39 2nd AAA Homewood AL
David Dyer AAA 38 3rd AAA Shelby NC
Hugh McCombs AA 40 1st AA Orange Park FL
Gregg Hamilton AA 36 2nd AA Soddy Daisy TN
Carrie Clever AA 31 3rd AA Scottsboro AL
Jens Hinton AA 30 4th AA Jacksonville FL
Morgan Underwood A 30 1st A Chattanooga TN (Breakout from B class)
Judy Guttery A 29 2nd A Hayesville NC
Cory Richardson A 24 3rd A Whitwell TN
Rex Medlin B 23 1st B Tuscumbia AL
John Peterson B 17 2nd B Smyrna TN
Don Robertson B 12 3rd B Chattanooga TN
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: 2010 Tennessee State Championships Results

Post by Innocent »

A big thanks to Ed, Verlee, Nelson, Dale and all the others that helped put on this match. It was great and the weather held out pretty good, despite the heat.
Thanks to all the birthday wishes, canes, horns and other fine items for the aging, and of course the cup cakes.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

Happy Birthday again.

When the time comes Mary, give me a call and I can get you the Senior Discount on Mentholatum, Depends, Ensure, that thing you push when you can't get up and other aging accessories. And don't ask me how I know about all this stuff.......

Your friend
Ol Gator
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Gator...you ran the swamps of the St John's LOOOOONG before me dear sir, not to mention the flats of the Banana and Indian rivers. Thanks again for the offer, I now intend to live to be somewhat older so I'm still not middle aged.

Innocent

Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention no one asked me if I was Laura's mother...unlike William Zander so carefully guarding his "shooter" and telling her Hubby Chris to carry the rifle for her, just like any protective father would do.

Innocent

Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Good shooting everyone and congrats to JJP for the Hunter State Champ title.. I am left wondering what JJP did with Laura to eliminate the competition =)) Looking forward to the pictures.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

Dee wrote:Good shooting everyone and congrats to JJP for the Hunter State Champ title.. I am left wondering what JJP did with Laura to eliminate the competition =)) Looking forward to the pictures.

Dee
I believe her beer belly was making her tired. :D It is something for these ladies to go out and shoot while expecting. They are awesome. I'm looking forward to one of these days being able to compete head to head with all the master shooters. They are amazing to watch and learn from.

A big thanks to Ed, Verlee and everyone else that gets these matches together. My hat is off to all of the match directors that put so much time and effort into all the matches around the country. It wouldn't be possible without all of you. Thanks so much.

I want to thank Mary and Coates for putting up with me and helping me get better at this sport. Every where I go I get to learn from the nicest people. What a great sport.
JasonPeterson
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

Here is a link to my photobucket account with a few pictures. Just click on the picture and it should take you to it.

JasonPeterson
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Thanks for the pics looks like it was a good time. That range is unique, I have never seen animals painted that color and that high off the ground before. But it is just like my home range with no backstop. I had no idea Laura was packing a baby bump with her these days. That means another kid outshooting everyone soon enough. Oh and reading my comment in hindsight it might seem to imply you took 'extreme' measures to get her out of the Hunter match :lol:

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Thanks for the pictures Jason....

Gator, well, looks like Gator and Mary.... well Mary doesn't look a day over 39 ;) :D

:ymparty: Happy B'day Innocent :ymparty:
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

“The range is Hot”. The operative work is “Hot”.
Forty-eight shooters signed up for the 2010 Tennessee Small-bore Rifle Silhouette Championships held 21 August at the Chattanooga Rifle Club in Harrison Tennessee. Forty-five showed up to compete in 90+ temperatures and plenty of humidity. Interesting stats: we had 15 Seniors, 15 Ladies and only 2 Juniors. Let’s get out and get more of the kids in this game.
The match consisted of a 60-round tournament in both Standard and Hunter Rifle. Lunch and souvenir shirts were provided for all competitors.
From the morning match, Laura Goetsch of Whites Creek Tennessee is the 2010 Tennessee Champ in the Standard rifle and Coates Watkins tied Laura to emerge the High Open winner after a shoot-off. Both scored 52 out of 60 targets.
William Zander of Houston Texas was the winner in Master class. Glen Hughes of Birmingham Alabama won AAA (44) and Greg Hamilton of Soddy Daisy Tennessee won AA class (38). Rex Medlin of Tuscumbia Alabama (29) and John Peterson of Smyrna Tennessee (18) took the A and B classes respectively.
Laura is High Lady, Coates is High Junior and Glen is High Senior in the Standard Rifle competition.
The afternoon produced a State Champion from the AA class with Jason Peterson of Bell Buckle Tennessee shooting a 40. The High Open award went to William Zander of Houston Texas when he hit 52 targets.
Coates Watkins is the High Master shooter with 49 critters on the ground. AAA class was won by Benny Grigg if Shelby North Carolina and AA class went to Hugh McCombs of Orange Park Florida.
Morgan Underwood started as a B shooter but dumped 30 targets to get introduced to the “break-out rule” and get moved to the A class. His score however was adequate to win the A class.
Rex Medlin of Tuscumbia Alabama tapped 23 targets and took the B class.
Mary Watkins won High Lady on her Birthday and her son Coats Watkins was High Junior again. The High Senior award was taken by Glen Hughes.
Really considering moving this match to October next year to enjoy some “Fall” weather and get out of the steam bath.
Thanks once again to the Boy Scout Troop 442 from Maryville Tennessee for setting targets again this year and saving some of us “old geezers” from the heat.
Jason beat me to posting the photos but mine are about the same. Thanks Jason, saved some time. Thanks to wife Verlee, Dale and Kim Clingan, Jeter Sorrells, Nelson Fagan, David Cole and all that assisted in providing a day in paradise. And now back to the paperwork.
Let me remind y’all of the Sunshine Classic the first weekend of September. C ya there?

Gator