Tennessee Sports Foundation Matches will Continue as scheduled.

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Got emails that our Matches will not be "approved" by NRA for May and June. As they are not accepting scores or match fees.

Our Matches at Tennessee Sports Foundation will continue as scheduled. Tennessee is NOT shut down. and Gun range activity has been deemed "Essential" the entire time.

To our regular Regular shooters: Please keep a paper record of your scores just like we used to. Also never panic I have records saved electronically of every match round fired from the beginning of our program.

Personal Note: I am very disappointed with the entire situation (long before any Pandemic panic) regarding NRA and Silhouette.

Even I am now open to the idea of an alternate sanctioning system. YES I will suck it up and eat the giant plate of CROW now. :(
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
jrywho
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Tennessee Sports Foundation Matches will Continue as scheduled.

Post by jrywho »

Certainly do not agree with the no sanction decision for matches through July. Hopefully the NRA continues its support for Rifle Silhouette. I believe they are still in transition mode. Since going electronic, the NRA may not be providing the resources to the people we rely directly to complete the data on the Competitive Shooting Web Portal. My experiences have been favorable communicating with those that are directly responsible for shooter data entry. That being said I totally agree data entry has been very slow.
When checking my web portal page today I discovered match data for a PCC match shot in March, 2020 at St Louis was entered. And classification was updated.
I also received a new classification card in the mail this week for PCC (Pistol Cartridge Lever Action).
So at this time it appears the NRA Silhouette staff is probably doing there best possible without NRA support.
One additional concern I have is our payment to the NRA for the
Annual Silhouette Classification Fee.
We paid that fee as requested trusting the NRA would provide 12 months of sanctioned matches. Not to overlook the yearly NRA membership fee to compete in matches. Maybe these need to be prorated and a refund given!
I'm trying to be optimistic and hope to continue NRA Silhouette shooting but not pleased with this latest decision.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I saw on another website that the NRA has cancelled SOME of the national championships. I believe they were scheduled for sometime in July.

I saw It on the NRA’s competitive shooting Facebook page.
jrywho
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jrywho »

FYI
The Competitive Shooting Web Portal continues to be updated. I now have Grand Slam 10 in a row entries recorded. All are there with the exception of March 2020. Classification was updated for March but not Grand Slam and Activity.
Thought I would share this update. Things are being done although no sanctioned matches are approved at this time.
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

That is good . At least I know they have found my emails.
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Match report.05-16-2020
Weather was great. 80F somewhat humid. light breeze.
Shooting was great. Foundation members mowed the range for me (made me so happy).
We had 6 shooters shooting 13 Match rounds.
Countless practice rounds. Really turning this season into a shooter development year. Which is good as most folks around here have never seen or heard of Silhouette.

SB Cowboy is still the most popular event. But we also had a round of SB pistol as well as a shooter in SB Rifle with peep sights. :D

We can shoot a match, stay distant , stay healthy, stay sane. Really not difficult.

As far as I'm concerned it went well.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Hotrodrockets wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:48 am Match report.05-16-2020
Shooting was great. Foundation members mowed the range for me (made me so happy).
We had 6 shooters shooting 13 Match rounds.
Countless practice rounds. Really turning this season into a shooter development year. Which is good as most folks around here have never seen or heard of Silhouette.

SB Cowboy is still the most popular event. But we also had a round of SB pistol as well as a shooter in SB Rifle with peep sights. :D

We can shoot a match, stay distant , stay healthy, stay sane. Really not difficult.

:-bd
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

Hotrodrockets wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:48 am Match report.05-16-2020
Shooting was great...............

Fantastic, now I'm stir crazy AND jealous. 😁
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore