NRA CANCELS MATCHES

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

NRA CANCELS MATCHES

Post by lijeboy »

Posted by Aaron Farmer on another forum:

"Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NRA is unfortunately suspending all sanctioned matches through April 30th 2020. Any requests for sanctioning of new matches, beyond April 30th, are also suspended until further notice. As a result of this suspension, the NRA will no longer accept match fees or scores. The NRA will continue to monitor the situation and make additional statements as the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds. Please contact the NRA Competitive Shooting Division at comphelp@nrahq.org or follow the NRA Competitive Shooting Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/nracompetitiveshooting/ or monitor https://competitions.nra.org "
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: NRA CANCELS MATCHES

Post by cedestech »

Poop.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I don't like the "New Normal".
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Thanks for the update Jeanne.
Allen Corneau
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Thank you for the update! I wonder if Nationals will be cancelled? Before people Start calling me an A-hole and that Nationals are too far out remember this year’s Olympics have been postponed a year and they were to take place this summer also.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

The Olympics have to be built every time they open a new one. Why they don't reuse the old ones I don't know other than someone is making lots of money from it. Been to Lake Placid many times still nice.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Note the NRA won't accept scores or money....and won't sanction any requests after April 30. So my regional will go as planned but the scores won't be accepted. Records can't be recognized and grand slam credits are sunk....but we'll still shoot. Apparently the NRA does trust the individual match directors
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Snake : Good to see someone else is shooting.
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

The monthly SB/PC CLA match I run at BRI will shoot next Sunday. As long as we can keep the full mouth kissing and heavy groping down I think we'll be OK...

=))
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

DavidABQ wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:12 pm Thank you for the update! I wonder if Nationals will be cancelled? Before people Start calling me an A-hole and that Nationals are too far out remember this year’s Olympics have been postponed a year and they were to take place this summer also.
Unfortunately I turned out to be correct about canceling Nationals this summer.
I wish I was wrong.
tomon
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tomon »

They've cancelled EVERYTHING! 73 employees fired and the rest laid off! Got a report at a Club meeting last Wednesday saying that the Laid off people could do nothing in the NRA name since they are currently not active employees!
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Theoretical questions. If a group, club or individual person quickly founded a new silhouette sanctioning body at this time, would NRA take the new sanctioning body to court for too closely copying their silhouette program when and if the NRA competition division started back up? Would NRA consider silhouette their intellectual property? Example: Different terms for B, A, AA, AAA, Master, Grand Slam, Ten In A Row so as not to infringe on NRA intellectual property. Same with the Rule Book. Would they seek court action if a new sanctioning body formulated a new rule book from scratch but appeared similar to the NRA rule book just because there is no way to reinvent the rules?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

atomicbrh wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:46 pm Theoretical questions. If a group, club or individual person quickly founded a new silhouette sanctioning body at this time, would NRA take the new sanctioning body to court for too closely copying their silhouette program when and if the NRA competition division started back up? Would NRA consider silhouette their intellectual property? Example: Different terms for B, A, AA, AAA, Master, Grand Slam, Ten In A Row so as not to infringe on NRA intellectual property. Same with the Rule Book. Would they seek court action if a new sanctioning body formulated a new rule book from scratch but appeared similar to the NRA rule book just because there is no way to reinvent the rules?
I'd be willing to bet a small amount of money that they would gladdly dump the whole competition program.... The ONLY way they would waste Waynes wardrobe money is if they thought they would make money on the suit and we know 99% of the effort in doing something along the lines you are talking about is unpaid man/brain power... very little material cost. Especially in a electronic format....
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

atomicbrh wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:46 pm Theoretical questions. If a group, club or individual person quickly founded a new silhouette sanctioning body at this time, would NRA take the new sanctioning body to court for too closely copying their silhouette program when and if the NRA competition division started back up? Would NRA consider silhouette their intellectual property? Example: Different terms for B, A, AA, AAA, Master, Grand Slam, Ten In A Row so as not to infringe on NRA intellectual property. Same with the Rule Book. Would they seek court action if a new sanctioning body formulated a new rule book from scratch but appeared similar to the NRA rule book just because there is no way to reinvent the rules?
Hmmm, interesting questions. I don’t really know but it would be interesting to see happen.

I wonder if someone at the Ridgeway Shooting club would be interested in spearheading such an endeavor? :-bd
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pdeal »

I don't mean this as any kind of NRA bashing. I am grateful for what the NRA does. But I was thinking about this alternative sanctioning organization too. I think it should be done but not initially as a sanctioning organization but as a promoter of the sport. It seems like many of the traditional disciplines are falling apart almost by neglect while of newer shooting disciplines receive lots of promotion.

I was following the NRL22 organization on instagram. Partly because I wondered what it was about. They do a really good job of promoting the sport on social media. I think silhouette would benefit from a coordinated promotional effort. This could morph over time to a separate sanctioning organization as needed.