Southern U.S. Region Silhouette Shooters' Response to COVID-19

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Southern U.S. Region Silhouette Shooters' Response to COVID-19

Post by dustinflint »

Everyone,

After careful consideration and extensive conversation among the silhouette shooting community in the Texas/Louisiana and surrounding region concerning the spread of COVID-19, the shooters have requested that the Golden Triangle Gun Club Regional Championship currently set for March 27-29 in Beaumont, TX be postponed. Golden Triangle Gun Club has agreed.

While this is severely disappointing to all involved, it seems clear to the shooters and the GTGC match staff that our responsibility to our communities and neighbors require at this time that we limit travel and limit time in public places like hotels, restaurants, and large gatherings, including this regional championship.

Golden Triangle Gun Club has assured us that all effort will be made to reschedule the match after we have all come safely through this challenge. Until then, we all urge our friends, families, and fellow shooters around the world to do the responsible thing and avoid public meeting as much as possible to contain the spread of this virus.

Please feel free to contact me at dustinflint@yahoo.com with any questions or comments.

Dustin Flint
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Southern U.S. Region Silhouette Shooters' Response to COVID-19

Post by cedestech »

Well poop...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
firewizard40
B Poster
B Poster

Post by firewizard40 »

Well that sucks . My schedule at work makes me plan 5 to 6 months out .last year missed some big matches due to schedule changes this year already had to beg off for nationals .
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

cedestech wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:47 am Well poop...
firewizard40 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:02 pm Well that sucks.
Agreed. Everyone hates it. However, even setting aside that it's the right thing to do, with all that is happening so quickly it's very likely that it'd be impossible for the match to go forward anyway. Just a few minutes ago the White House set forth a no-more-than-10-person gathering guideline. Restaurants around here are closed to everything but delivery food and most other service businesses are being instructed to close for a while. There is no telling whether hotels will be available in two weeks... It's a mess!

Dustin
firewizard40
B Poster
B Poster

Post by firewizard40 »

Oh I know I've had a really bad year so far and was really needing a pick me up, that's my shooting competitions .
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Dustin, That was a well written post. It would be nice if this issue with COVID-19 was to end quickly.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

My retirement has been put on pause as well. I was only 20 weeks away too.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

What is the gathering guideline? Is it 1 person per 100 square feet? That can be extrapolated to 10 people per 1000 square feet. :-\ Is it different outdoors vs. indoors?

EDIT: It appears to be six feet or more away from each other.
-Charlie Meli
Match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC