GTGG Air Rifle/Smallbore Regional

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

GTGG Air Rifle/Smallbore Regional

Post by acorneau »

Golden Triangle Gun Club (Beaumont, TX) will be hosting an air rifle and smallbore silhouette regional on March 27th, 28th, and 29th.

The air rifle match will be at 2pm on Friday the 27th. It will be a "shooter's choice" one rifle format.
The smallbore match will be two 40-shot matches for Standard rifle on Saturday the 28th, and two 40-shot matches for Hunter rifle on Sunday the 28th.

See the match program and entry form for more information and directions for registration.

Hope to see you there!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Allen Corneau
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: GTGG Air Rifle/Smallbore Regional

Post by dustinflint »

I thought we all agreed that this match was going to be called the "Wimpy Open" ?????

Dustin
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

He needs to bribe Jerry and Bruce to cook.... :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

cedestech wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:49 am He needs to bribe Jerry and Bruce to cook.... :)
I think the days of Louisiana guys cooking at Texas matches are over. Wimpy always has EXCELLENT food at this match anyway.

The Louisiana Rifle Silhouette Team will host three championship matches in 2020 (Shamrock - March 14-15; La. Sil. Championship - May 2-3; and Drue Wands lever gun invitational - Dec. 5-6). Tureauliciousness will be served at all three!

Dustin
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

dustinflint wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:10 am
cedestech wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:49 am He needs to bribe Jerry and Bruce to cook.... :)
I think the days of Louisiana guys cooking at Texas matches are over. Wimpy always has EXCELLENT food at this match anyway.

The Louisiana Rifle Silhouette Team will host three championship matches in 2020 (Shamrock - March 14-15; La. Sil. Championship - May 2-3; and Drue Wands lever gun invitational - Dec. 5-6). Tureauliciousness will be served at all three!

Dustin
One of the best parts of the match! :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

The Louisiana boys have refused to cook at Texas matches since Bill Motl blitzed the Gumbo Cook-off at Winnsboro. In a contest judged solely by people from the great state of Louisiana, Bill Motl won with a unanimous vote. He was even slandered afterward by some jealous competitors. While the boys from Louisiana are fantastic cooks, Bill is still the reigning champion from that rousing victory. As an impartial spectator to these feasts, my only reasons for traveling to these matches are food and friends, as any ability to shoot has completely escaped my body.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

I beg to differ, as Doc would say. My unbiased opinion is that the best Gumbo is served at the Coop Shoot!!!!
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

psteiger wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:30 am The Louisiana boys have refused to cook at Texas matches since Bill Motl blitzed the Gumbo Cook-off at Winnsboro. In a contest judged solely by people from the great state of Louisiana, Bill Motl won with a unanimous vote. He was even slandered afterward by some jealous competitors.
False.

Jerry cooked at the Texas Lever Action match a couple of years ago.

Also, that competition was judged by people from NORTH Louisiana - that's a completely different place than the Louisiana where all the good food is (south Louisiana). Only Texas folks, or "far-east Texas folks" (north Louisianians) would stand for a gumbo containing V8 juice. I don't know what happened with the judging there but I do know that Jerry's gumbo disappeared quick when everyone was allowed to eat both gumbos - there was plenty of V8 gumbo left over.

Dustin
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

dustinflint wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:53 pm
psteiger wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:30 am The Louisiana boys have refused to cook at Texas matches since Bill Motl blitzed the Gumbo Cook-off at Winnsboro. In a contest judged solely by people from the great state of Louisiana, Bill Motl won with a unanimous vote. He was even slandered afterward by some jealous competitors.
False.

Jerry cooked at the Texas Lever Action match a couple of years ago.

Also, that competition was judged by people from NORTH Louisiana - that's a completely different place than the Louisiana where all the good food is (south Louisiana). Only Texas folks, or "far-east Texas folks" (north Louisianians) would stand for a gumbo containing V8 juice. I don't know what happened with the judging there but I do know that Jerry's gumbo disappeared quick when everyone was allowed to eat both gumbos - there was plenty of V8 gumbo left over.

Dustin
I've relayed this post to Vickie and we'll see what she has for you come later this month. May the odds ever be in your favor. Image
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Doodaddy wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:17 pm I've relayed this post to Vickie and we'll see what she has for you come later this month. May the odds ever be in your favor.
I didn't say that folks in north Louisiana can't cook good stuff! The food at the Coop Shoot shows that food up there can be EXCELLENT! Don't skew what I said and get me in trouble!

Dustin
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

=)) =))
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Our guest hotel, the Elegante’ Hotel in Beaumont, is holding 11 rooms for participants of our March 28-29 Regional Match. There are two other functions in town that weekend and the hotel is getting a lot of bookings. The hotel will hold these 11 rooms until the end of the day next Monday, March 9. So, if you plan to book at the Elegante to attend the Match please use the information in the match Program to make your reservation by March 9 in order to be assured of getting one of these 11 rooms.

Thanks, we are looking forward to seeing all of you at the Match.

- Charlie Shelton
Allen Corneau
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

I think I was asked if the Eleganté provides a breakfast buffet with the room... they do not. They do have a restaurant with a breakfast buffet and made-to-order omelettes available for purchase.
Allen Corneau
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

After careful consideration and extensive conversation among the silhouette shooting community in the Texas/Louisiana and surrounding region concerning the spread of COVID-19, the shooters have requested that the Golden Triangle Gun Club Regional Championship currently set for March 27-29 in Beaumont, TX be postponed. Golden Triangle Gun Club has agreed.

While this is severely disappointing to all involved, it seems clear to the shooters and the GTGC match staff that our responsibility to our communities and neighbors require at this time that we limit travel and limit time in public places like hotels, restaurants, and large gatherings, including this regional championship.

Golden Triangle Gun Club has assured us that all effort will be made to reschedule the match after we have all come safely through this challenge. Until then, we all urge our friends, families, and fellow shooters around the world to do the responsible thing and avoid public meeting as much as possible to contain the spread of this virus.
Allen Corneau