New reporting work sheets for 2020 approved matches?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: New reporting work sheets for 2020 approved matches?

Post by DavidABQ »

Sporty wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:08 pm Some clarification. The $15 classification fee is a one-time annual fee for all silhouette competitions which will include all rifles and all pistols. In the past we had to purchase a separate score book for pistol silhouette. That's now history.
Really? I must admit that I am surprised at that. That means a reduction in the amount of money generated by the competition department.
I would expect them to charge for every classification cards so as to maximize revenue generated.
This is good news!
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

DavidABQ wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:08 am Really? I must admit that I am surprised at that. That means a reduction in the amount of money generated by the competition department.
I would expect them to charge for every classification cards so as to maximize revenue generated.
This is good news!
That was the answer I got from Aaron Farmer.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Sporty wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:32 am
DavidABQ wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:08 am Really? I must admit that I am surprised at that. That means a reduction in the amount of money generated by the competition department.
This is good news!
That was the answer I got from Aaron Farmer.
Like I said, that is good news! No complaint here.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

DavidABQ wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:08 am
Sporty wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:08 pm Some clarification. The $15 classification fee is a one-time annual fee for all silhouette competitions which will include all rifles and all pistols. In the past we had to purchase a separate score book for pistol silhouette. That's now history.
Really? I must admit that I am surprised at that. That means a reduction in the amount of money generated by the competition department.
This is good news!
There may be a reduction in classification fee revenue with some Master class shooters who won't pay because they "don't care" if their scores aren't published on the NRA Competitors portal. I've seen one person mentioning that already. Support may mostly be from shooters in the other classifications. Maybe they also won't care to be labeled as Unclassified in the State, Regional & National matches.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Just received this. (See atttachment.) Match directors should receive a copy soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.