Future of the Nationals?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
judylee
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Future of the Nationals?

Post by judylee »

NRA. Enough said.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

cslcAl wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:13 pm Prior to Jim Kidwell and Jeannie Ring running the nationals at Raton; did anyone else beside NRA staff run the matches there?
My personal history at Raton started in 2002 and Greg Connors was running the matches there then.

Al Foust
Al, the first HP match at Raton was held in 1979 and Raton had a club and well attended monthly matches. To tell you how good the rifle silhouette shooting was in NM in those years I will say that in the 80,s and until the time they started having HP and SB back to back nationals whenever the HP national was held at Raton, they would have a NM. state match somewhere the weekend prior. I have shot NM, state matches in Albuquerque more than once, Raton, Hobbs and Roswell. There has never been HP state rifle silhouette championships better attended than those held in NM before the nationals at Raton. In 1979 they had around 200 shooters and the only reason I got to shoot is because one of the members of the Mexican team that was preregistered could not make the trip and I took his place. Also they had good prices, for the MW $300.00, Tod Bensley and Jim Goodnight tied for MW and Tod won the shoot off.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

atomicbrh wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:02 pm Something or someone stopped the 2020 NRA Silhouette Nationals at Raton.
What or who was it?
Why is this such a great mystery?
Why is there no transparency?
Good questions!
I doubt that anyone will own up to the decision.

I figured out that I have a life and other interests outside of silhouette.
There are other matches that I enjoy shooting at so I really am not concerned if we get Nationals at The Whittington Center again.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

UPDATE:

When I first heard of this year's United States Nationals (USN) moving to Ridgway, I knew that, in order to protect our republic, the Constitution, the legacy of the founding fathers and the Pygmy Owls, I had to find out what was going on. So, I sprang into action and put together a TRUTH TASK FORCE (TTF) to get to the bottom of all this. The TTF has been working tirelessly and has finally issued its report and this is WAY beyond what any of us could have imagined! So strap in and get ready because we FINALLY know what happened!!!

In the interests of full disclosure, the TTF consists of three of the top truth-seekers on the planet: Alex Jones, Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow. I like to call them the "Fierce Fact Finders" (FFF) but we can stick with TTF for now.

It turns out this all started a couple of weeks ago at the White House. Apparently Trump had finally decided to send a couple of drones over to Iran to take out one of the top Iranian generals (you may have heard about this, it has been reported by SOME of the media). This is where we get to BOMBSHELL #1 (BS#1) - Ridgway Rifle Club (RRC) has a mole that has infiltrated the highest levels of the United States government and appears to be part of the White House staff!

The mole (the TTF has yet been unable to identify him/her) contacted Ridgway and Ridgway somehow contacted Trump (TTF investigation indicates that the contact was made by phone but Trump has yet to release the transcript nor tweet what was said.) It is currently unclear whether Ridgway used Russian influence but somehow Ridgway convinced Trump of BOMBSHELL #2 (BS#2) - Trump ordered one of the drones to New Mexico to fire missiles at The Whittington Center (TWC) so that Ridgway could take over the nationals!

Now that The Whittington Center is a pile of rubble, the NRA has been forced to go crawling to Ridgway and the Ridgway Nationals Takeover (RNT) is complete.

Complete, but not finished! The TTF didn't stop with merely uncovering the story, they wanted the REASON behind the story (RBTS). Two additional BOMBSHELLS became apparent after the TTF dug a little deeper!

BOMBSHELL #3 (BS#3) - Trump was way too smart to obliterate the Whittington Center for nothing. Apparently, Ridgway was required to put up a little something to make this happen; lets just call it a quid pro quo (QPQ). The TTF has not been able to find out what the QPQ is, but a TTF interview with a top Ridgway official (TRO) revealed that all Nationals applications this year will contain the essay question "please write everything you know about Joe Biden in the space provided below." Hummmm.....

Finally, in its tireless search for Truth, Justice, and the American Way, the TTF traveled to The Whittington Center and discovered BOMBSHELL #4 (BS#4). The Whittington Center APPEARS to be fine - and CNN has not reported that it is anything but fine - but that is FAKE NEWS. This is a COVER UP by the NRA, the CIA, the NSA, the NBA, and the ADA (the American Dental Association, not the Americans with Disabilities Act). Deception equipment from Roswell, New Mexico was brought over to make the Whittington Center LOOK like it is not damaged, but if you can get in the center you will discover that a massive STORM CREATING MACHINE (SCM) had been installed that makes horrible wind and rain storms that force you to give up on shooting and leave in disgust. This is a major cover up and no expense has been spared!

Thanks to TTF (or FFF) finding RBTS it's clear that TRO and others at RRC used BS#1 to set off BS#2 and the QPQ of BS#3 which solidified RNT and now the SCM is helping the NRA, CIA, NSA, NBA and ADA pull the wool over our eyes with BS#4 so the people close to TWC are SOL to ever attend the USN again!

Dustin
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

OooOOOoohhh... I get it now.

8-}
Allen Corneau
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Makes sense to me. =)) =)) =)) =))
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

atomicbrh wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:02 pm Something or someone stopped the 2020 NRA Silhouette Nationals at Raton.
What or who was it?
Why is this such a great mystery?
Why is there no transparency?
All legitimate questions, Bobby, that most of us would like to have answers to.

But let's look on the bright side: At least there will be no force-marching of the elderly or screaming at competitors by the tower guy

You should be elated.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

lijeboy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:15 pm... But let's look on the bright side: At least there will be no force-marching of the elderly or screaming at competitors by the tower guy...

Bobby, you better head for the fridge because you're going to need some ice for that burn. =))
Allen Corneau
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

dustinflint wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:53 pm UPDATE:

When I first heard of this year's United States Nationals (USN) moving to Ridgway, I knew that, in order to protect our republic, the Constitution, the legacy of the founding fathers and the Pygmy Owls, I had to find out what was going on. So, I sprang into action and put together a TRUTH TASK FORCE (TTF) to get to the bottom of all this. The TTF has been working tirelessly and has finally issued its report and this is WAY beyond what any of us could have imagined! So strap in and get ready because we FINALLY know what happened!!!

In the interests of full disclosure, the TTF consists of three of the top truth-seekers on the planet: Alex Jones, Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow. I like to call them the "Fierce Fact Finders" (FFF) but we can stick with TTF for now.

It turns out this all started a couple of weeks ago at the White House. Apparently Trump had finally decided to send a couple of drones over to Iran to take out one of the top Iranian generals (you may have heard about this, it has been reported by SOME of the media). This is where we get to BOMBSHELL #1 (BS#1) - Ridgway Rifle Club (RRC) has a mole that has infiltrated the highest levels of the United States government and appears to be part of the White House staff!

The mole (the TTF has yet been unable to identify him/her) contacted Ridgway and Ridgway somehow contacted Trump (TTF investigation indicates that the contact was made by phone but Trump has yet to release the transcript nor tweet what was said.) It is currently unclear whether Ridgway used Russian influence but somehow Ridgway convinced Trump of BOMBSHELL #2 (BS#2) - Trump ordered one of the drones to New Mexico to fire missiles at The Whittington Center (TWC) so that Ridgway could take over the nationals!

Now that The Whittington Center is a pile of rubble, the NRA has been forced to go crawling to Ridgway and the Ridgway Nationals Takeover (RNT) is complete.

Complete, but not finished! The TTF didn't stop with merely uncovering the story, they wanted the REASON behind the story (RBTS). Two additional BOMBSHELLS became apparent after the TTF dug a little deeper!

BOMBSHELL #3 (BS#3) - Trump was way too smart to obliterate the Whittington Center for nothing. Apparently, Ridgway was required to put up a little something to make this happen; lets just call it a quid pro quo (QPQ). The TTF has not been able to find out what the QPQ is, but a TTF interview with a top Ridgway official (TRO) revealed that all Nationals applications this year will contain the essay question "please write everything you know about Joe Biden in the space provided below." Hummmm.....

Finally, in its tireless search for Truth, Justice, and the American Way, the TTF traveled to The Whittington Center and discovered BOMBSHELL #4 (BS#4). The Whittington Center APPEARS to be fine - and CNN has not reported that it is anything but fine - but that is FAKE NEWS. This is a COVER UP by the NRA, the CIA, the NSA, the NBA, and the ADA (the American Dental Association, not the Americans with Disabilities Act). Deception equipment from Roswell, New Mexico was brought over to make the Whittington Center LOOK like it is not damaged, but if you can get in the center you will discover that a massive STORM CREATING MACHINE (SCM) had been installed that makes horrible wind and rain storms that force you to give up on shooting and leave in disgust. This is a major cover up and no expense has been spared!

Thanks to TTF (or FFF) finding RBTS it's clear that TRO and others at RRC used BS#1 to set off BS#2 and the QPQ of BS#3 which solidified RNT and now the SCM is helping the NRA, CIA, NSA, NBA and ADA pull the wool over our eyes with BS#4 so the people close to TWC are SOL to ever attend the USN again!

Dustin
Now I understand.. Glad we can now move on and get back to shooting. :-bd
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

acorneau wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:42 pm
lijeboy wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:15 pm... But let's look on the bright side: At least there will be no force-marching of the elderly or screaming at competitors by the tower guy...

Bobby, you better head for the fridge because you're going to need some ice for that burn. =))

:p :ymdevil:
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Dustin,

I’m glad to see your law degree is not going to waste. Thanks for getting to the bottom of all this.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Tony,

That’s what I thought; a club ran the nationals there.The Ridgway Club always ran the matches also in the beginning till the NRA took them over.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Dustin, I give you a 1 out of 10 in the humor category for your current events comedy while my "Chinese owe me money" thread is a 9.9.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

For a historical view, my first National High Power Silhouette match was in Raton in 1984. It was run by a crabby range nazi whose name I can't recall. There were over 200 shooters and 10 full relays shooting 5 with a reset. The Smallbore National as I recall were held a month or so before in Ohio. Goodnight was there. Your scores were marked on a 3x 6 card board card ($3.50) for each discipline. In 1987 we got the score book and Nancy Cooney from the NRA ran the show. Smallbore National was shot in some other part of the country and as I recall each discipline had well over a hundred entrants. The New Mexico State Association was deeply involved well into the early 90s in Raton. In fact one year the NM state championship was held a few days before the HP national---their dinner was memorable. Nancy was there every year until one year she didn't check a numbskull's rifle and after putting it in the jig, closed the bolt and fired a live round through the roof of the trailer where the rest of use were que'd up outside waiting to be certified...after getting up off the ground following the blast Nancy came out to snickers, cursing and mumbling....of course she probably couldn't hear us any way. Thereafter, sometime in the mid to late 90s, Greg Conner took over and the Nationals alternated between Raton and Ridgway. Around the same time smallbore and HP were joined putatively to increase attendance. The wheels began coming off the wagon. No more manufacturer giveaways, dropping attendance etc. The New Mexico association bailed sometime around 1990 and so did their volunteer target setters and score keepers (boy and girl scouts) allegedly over some beef with the Whittington Center and their use of the facility (they went elsewhere) It appeared that silhouette was just the red haired step child for the NRA and Greg really didn't like his job or the bitching and whining of a lot of silhouette shooters. Mismanagement and the joinder of HP and smallbore dissuaded rather than persuaded....seemingly catering to the very committed few and not recognizing that basic competition is local just like politics.
Like Forest Gump...that's all I got say about that
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Now that made me laugh Dustin!