Bad News

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Bad News

Post by sdwooster »

I personally don't have a problem with the Nationals at Ridgeway. I have a long distance to go either way, it's just a extra $1000 for Ridgeway. The problem I have is the way the NRA did it. I am just lucky I never pulled the trigger on my airfare, that would have been another $700 loss. And I am also lucky I am retired, I never had to make a vacation schedule with my employer that I couldn't change. So I already got my room but am going to wait until see entry forms before I buy my ticket. You can't trust them anymore
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

45bpcr wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:34 pm The internet ranting and raving has always confused and amused me.

On one hand folks talk about the importance increasing attendance at what ever venue they enjoy in the shooting sports.

And in their next breath they reject change.

Craig
How about you re-read... no one is upset about the venue, they are upset that they have been working (under facts that were given to them from the NRA) and made plans accordingly.... now those plans are (at who's whim) changed and they are screwed....

Me personally, had worked out an arrangement with my employer to take the entire month of July off so I could shoot everything all the way through....
Not only did "I" have to plan my schedule for next year but several people I work with had to rearrange their lives to accommodate me. I now get to go into work Monday and tell them never mind... I'll be here...

Not so me personally, people that I like and consider friends were lied to and allowed to labor in vain.

It's a bit more then just a venue change and it is a bit annoying....

Emmett Dibble, Houston Texas.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Hattrix
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hattrix »

Emmett
That sums it up better than anyone has so far !!
Kevin O
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Hattrix wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:49 pm Emmett
Kevin O
Oh crap, and I COMPLETELY forgot about the Aussies.... they are double screwed.... nice international relations.... I think they were planning the whole crew this year.... a gagle from down under....

But yeah, it's all about the venue.... :roll:
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

cedestech wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:56 pm
Kevin O
Oh crap, and I COMPLETELY forgot about the Aussies.... they are double screwed.... nice international relations.... I think they were planning the whole crew this year.... a gagle from down under....

The two Aussies that help out, Sharon and Daniel, are definitely screwed, as they had already purchased their tickets. I'm hoping the contingent that was coming for lever action hasn't. Or perhaps they will go to Ridgway.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

44 mag wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:45 pm NO!!!!! Ridgway will NOT be the permanent spot for the Nationals for the hundredth time!!!!!
Really? Are you sure? It seems like a really nice set-up and I believe would be a great permanent location for the Silhouette Nationals.

I wonder what it would take for a discussion about Ridgway being the permanent location at the highest levels of the NRA?
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

I just had a email from a person asking if the dates he got from Whittington where right. It was yesterday when he talked to them. I guess they don't even know we won't be there. It might be a big surprize in July for them. I was afraid someone would get burned with junk airfare tickets
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

No Craig, Ridgeway definitely does not have it all.

Not even close.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

It might be in our own best interests to wait to hear from the NRA as to what they intended on doing. From what I understand at this point is that this is just a venue change for this year. Raton is still going to have nationals just not this year if I understand correctly. This may just be a symptom of what is happening at the NRA and not of the sport or either venue. I'm hopeful that it continues to switch between the two clubs as it has been doing in the past even though I myself haven't been to Raton since 2004.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Another Dang 9 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:58 pm This may just be a symptom of what is happening at the NRA and not of the sport or either venue.
For all the people excited about the sudden, no explanation change you may want to re-read that sentence and then ponder it.... just sayin....
TIMBAR
Unclassified Poster

Post by TIMBAR »

lijeboy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:00 pm
cedestech wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:56 pm
Kevin O

The two Aussies that help out, Sharon and Daniel, are definitely screwed, as they had already purchased their tickets. I'm hoping the contingent that was coming for lever action hasn't. Or perhaps they will go to Ridgway.
As the Silhouette Chairman in Australia as well as it happens a member of the Lever Action Team that is supposed to compete this year, I can say that we aren't quite screwed but it has thrown a pretty big spanner in the works. Due to funding from our national body we already have approvals issued from our organisations board for travel to Raton that now possibly won't be able to be changed till the next board meeting in February, we have a few people with airfares booked in July and yes there was plans for a group of another dozen people to head over. Everything is now back up in the air.
BlackestBart
B Poster
B Poster

Post by BlackestBart »

As a long time member and one of the trio that went to the NRA in 1985 to petition them to allow us to hold a Nationals at Ridgway, I can assure you that we have never wanted the Nationals back to back again after two years (1986 and 1987) of hosting just the Highpower Nationals. As has been stated already, the team that puts these on is all volunteer and personnel do have to take their vacation to get the show on the road. We don't do it because we love doing the work, we do it because we love the people to whom we want to provide as quality an event as possible. We want you to go home with a smile on your face and the desire to return. As Mag44 stated, we had nothing to do with this decision; but we will have everything to do to make sure everyone can continue to enjoy this sport.

Ask not that events should happen as you will, but let your will be that events should happen as they do, and you shall have peace.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

TIMBAR wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:54 am... Due to funding from our national body...
Wow! Can you imagine if a tiny fraction of the hundreds of millions of dollars the NRA spends every year were spent funding our national competitors to attend other international matches?
:ymdaydream:

Sorry for the side-track. b-(

TIMBAR, I hope you guys can navigate the upheaval this has caused and can get everyone over here to the States so they can participate. We're rooting for you!
:ymapplause:
Allen Corneau
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

With the recent disruptions at the NRA we may have to "roll with the punches" until things settle down...
I believe we the competitors will be dealing with this for a while and OUR sport will prevail as WE will not let go.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Another Dang 9 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:58 pm From what I understand at this point is that this is just a venue change for this year. Raton is still going to have nationals just not this year if I understand correctly.
And who told you this, and why would you ever believe them?