Bad News

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Bad News

Post by dustinflint »

Thank goodness the folks at Ridgway were able and willing to step up and save the match!

And thanks very much to Mike for confirming that this is just a one-time deal so that the folks that regularly attend the nationals at the Whittington Center can rest easy!

The matches will certainly be top notch at a facility that is second to none! Can't wait!

Dustin
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

BrentD just wondering have you ever been to Ridgway?
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

44 mag wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:37 pm BrentD just wondering have you ever been to Ridgway?
Nope. I have never been to Bagdad either. You?
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

dustinflint wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:43 pm Thank goodness the folks at Ridgway were able and willing to step up and save the match!

And thanks very much to Mike for confirming that this is just a one-time deal so that the folks that regularly attend the nationals at the Whittington Center can rest easy!

The matches will certainly be top notch at a facility that is second to none! Can't wait!

Dustin
Really, Dustin?

Maybe you should explain.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Yes BrentD i have!!! Just wondering how you seem to know so much about Ridgway without ever being there?
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

44 mag wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:17 pm Yes BrentD i have!!! Just wondering how you seem to know so much about Ridgway without ever being there?
I know 2 things about Ridgeway. It is in Pennsylvania. It is Not in New Mexico. That's all I really need to know.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

BrentD you seem like the type of person who just makes up stupid arguments for the sole purpose to have something to be pissed about.
May your beer always be just 1° to warm to drink. My friend.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

The only people who make negative statements about Ridgway Rifle Club are the ones who have never been there. The members there are basically giving up the use of their range for a whole month during prime summer shooting time. RRC has a multigenerational legacy of quality marksmanship programs with a focus on rifle silhouette. At RRC, you do not receive a lot of slick talk from them about how great they are. Instead you see a club where actions speak louder than words in the form of a match conducted with the utmost preparation and precision. You will not find people running matches anywhere in the world more knowledgeable about how to conduct the matches or more dedicated to providing an atmosphere where every competitor at every skill level can shoot their absolute best. Show some respect for them.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

BrentD wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:59 pm Really, Dustin?

Brent,

You know that I'm never going to explain myself to you.

However, I think that you should make the trip to Ridgway. It's a GREAT place and based upon your recent results you are too good a competitor to give up a chance to win a national championship. I think you'll love it and do very well there.

Dustin
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

So if the nationals had to be “saved” this year... what is to keep them from having to be “saved” next year...? (fwiw, have NO problem with Ridgeway.... just this cluster that has caught a lot of people out who actually plan things in advance... and the people who have no clue yet...)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Hattrix
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hattrix »

I myself have never been to Ridgeway but I also have never heard a negative comment about it from anyone who has. The part that has irritated me is the fact that a decision was made by a few that effects many without a valid reason or explanation. Until that is explained to me I will continue to be disgruntled. But at the same time I’m sure the Nationals will be well handled at Ridgeway, but just without me.

Kevin O
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Hattrix wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:15 pm a decision was made by a few that effects many without a valid reason or explanation.

Kevin O
Ridgeway is putting on the nationals for free....

Ridgeway "saved" the nationals....

Someone ain't got no money.....

What makes you think they will "have money" next year.....

(that's the read between the lines version...)

:-l
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

dustinflint wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:27 pm
BrentD wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:59 pm Really, Dustin?

Brent,

You know that I'm never going to explain myself to you.

However, I think that you should make the trip to Ridgway. It's a GREAT place and based upon your recent results you are too good a competitor to give up a chance to win a national championship. I think you'll love it and do very well there.

Dustin
So, "saved" was really a lie? Pretty much what I thought.

The Ridgeway range may be great. I could not care less. But the Nationals at Raton are much more than simply a good firing line.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

BrentD wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:21 am So, "saved" was really a lie? Pretty much what I thought.
Sheesh! My children are more perceptive than you.

Think about it:

1. NRA had already set the dates at the Whittington center.

2. The ranges at the Whittington Center were reserved.

3. The NRA had a very capable person all set and ready to run the show and the match staff and line officers were all in order.

Everything was done, then:

4. At the last minute, the NRA begged Ridgway to take over and run the matches this year.

If you can't read the gaping chasms between the lines and figure out what happened here I can't help you.

Dustin
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

While the information is correct, the title couldn't be more wrong. It is great news

acorneau many saw this coming , it is fair and overdue and has been discussed on this sight
lijeboy the good folks at Ridgway frequent this sight and the information will be given, you can bank on that.
squinty why? Because many have been screaming for it. The 2019 regional match was attended by over 100 shooters and went off without the slightest
hiccup . Tammy and crew run a great match.
davidabq no what really sucks is having the match at Raton every year, this effectively shut out blue collar working folks due to the travel and logging
dwostier the drive to Raton is long from the east coast by the way
hattrix now you have an idea of how a great many folks have felt on this side of the country.....for years
brentd not to be rude but you will be missed in Ridgway the same way that I am missed in Raton
hattrix there are many people that dislike us simply because we own and use firearms, I read that silhouette numbers are dwindling, instead of trying to cause a problem and draw away folks from the nations how about encouragement

I will stop there....
We are supposed to be a shooting COMMUNITY . Don't be the dysfunctional family that the libtards will mock. Be happy for Ridgway AND all of the silhouette shooters that are closer to there than Raton. Ridgway is the east coast mecca for metallic silhouette. The ranges are first class and the people are fantastic. They don't just host matches, they support and grow the sport.
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore