Bad News

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Bad News

Post by acorneau »

For all the people that live in the west and are now upset that they won't go to Nationals because they're being held in the east, remember that there are probably just as many people in the east that want to stay close to home and don't want to go west. People need to suck it up and just go to Nationals no matter where they are held.

Yes, I agree that making this change of venue this late in the game is an inconvenience for those of us that have already started making plans for the year and we have a right to complain about it. I think it was a bad call and they should have waited for 2021 when it would have lined up with the pre-existing schedule. I can only assume there was some underlying motive on the part of the NRA to cause this decision. We can speculate all we want about the reasons but it will do nothing but sow the seeds of discontent, something we don't need in our sport. (Unless everyone is ready to give the NRA the boot and make Silhouette it's own organization, then I'm cool with that.)

Now that this weighty responsibility has been laid upon the shoulders of Mike, Ben, and the rest of the Ridgway volunteers, we should do our best to support them in any way we can. For many of us that might be limited to sending in our registration and fees as soon as they release the program. Others that live closer by may be able to volunteer some time to help prep the ranges or hunting down door prizes. Either way, help be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

:ympeace:
Allen Corneau
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

What is preventing the people within driving distance of WC from putting on regional matches at WC? Unless 4H or Scout camps are using the ranges, they are just sitting there. At one time there was a huge smallbore prone match held there that seemed to be an alternative match for those that did not want to travel to Camp Perry. It was held on different dates than the prone nationals for the people who wanted to go to both.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

acorneau wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:22 am For all the people that live in the west and are now upset that they won't go to Nationals because they're being held in the east, remember that there are probably just as many people in the east that want to stay close to home and don't want to go west. People need to suck it up and just go to Nationals no matter where they are held.

Yes, I agree that making this change of venue this late in the game is an inconvenience for those of us that have already started making plans for the year and we have a right to complain about it. I think it was a bad call and they should have waited for 2021 when it would have lined up with the pre-existing schedule. I can only assume there was some underlying motive on the part of the NRA to cause this decision. We can speculate all we want about the reasons but it will do nothing but sow the seeds of discontent, something we don't need in our sport. (Unless everyone is ready to give the NRA the boot and make Silhouette it's own organization, then I'm cool with that.)

Now that this weighty responsibility has been laid upon the shoulders of Mike, Ben, and the rest of the Ridgway volunteers, we should do our best to support them in any way we can. For many of us that might be limited to sending in our registration and fees as soon as they release the program. Others that live closer by may be able to volunteer some time to help prep the ranges or hunting down door prizes. Either way, help be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

:ympeace:
Wise words! Image
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

ppkny wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:20 am At this point I'm a little confused. On Oct 2, 2019 lijeboy posted the dates for the 2020 Sill Nationals and confirmed them again on Nov 12, 2019 saying they were final. What gives? Is this post related to the 2020 Nationals or the 2021 Sil Nationals.
ppkny
I apologize for the confusion, but believe me, no one is more confused than me. I was told thise were the dates, contracts were procured with the Whittington Center for those dates, and I was told it was permissible to post those dates. The dates are on the NRA calendar. Yesterday, I was told, Kings X. It is all going to PA, and was given absolutely no explanation.

I am embarrassed to be put in this position and more than a little pissed.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

lijeboy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:29 am... I am embarrassed to be put in this position and more than a little pissed.
You have every right to be pissed. I would be too! But no reason to be embarrassed as the decision was completely out of your hands.

Jeanne, we thank you for the work you've done in preparation for Nationals and I'm sorry your hard work has been trashed by the powers-that-be at NRA.
:ymhug:
Allen Corneau
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

acorneau wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:39 am
lijeboy wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:29 am... I am embarrassed to be put in this position and more than a little pissed.
You have every right to be pissed. I would be too! But no reason to be embarrassed as the decision was completely out of your hands.

Jeanne, we thank you for the work you've done in preparation for Nationals and I'm sorry your hard work has been trashed by the powers-that-be at NRA.
:ymhug:
Thank you, Allen.
Last edited by lijeboy on Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

I agree with Allen, it wasn't your fault. You did a great job running the matches. I was pissed they did that to you. I would guess the truth will come out why they did this. I would be curious what the center has to say about this. Might have to check into that.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Lijeboy,
I certainly don't hold you accountable for this.
This type of announcement should have been the first official announcement from the NRA a couple of months ago.

I would love to see some sort of Western Regional Silhoutte match at The Whittington Center.

I would even bring salsa and blue Corn chips.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

I would love to see a Regional at Raton.

Late June or Early-Mid July (just not over 4th of July), for the folks that can't make it to Ridgway, PA.

We have the same problem here in California, two of the main Lever clubs are at both ends of a state that is 1,000 miles long.
We now alternate our State match every other year. When one is holding the State match, the other holds a Regional match.

...and now a plug for our State Match... California Lever Action State Match to be held May 22-24th, 2020 at the Los Angeles Silhouette Club (LASC), details to follow soon!

I live in Southern California and Ridgway is 2,177 miles from me.
Raton is 1,000 miles from me, about half the distance.

Even though we call it the West, Raton is approximately in the center of the United States driving distance.

The folks in PA are very nice, hard working people and we should do whatever we can to help support silhouette shooting.
Maybe one day, I'll make it for a visit.

So, I'm all for more matches!

Dennis
Last edited by TheBugFather on Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
22ballard
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22ballard »

Since .22BPCRA will hold their Nationals only at Raton, that match plus a BP Regional match would be the ticket for Western shooters. Also plenty of reason for me to make my annual trek to Raton, 2000 miles west from Pa. This will be #26 for me.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Any chance that the NRA will make Ridgway the permanent home for all silhouette nationals?
Last edited by DavidABQ on Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

This is a big "just wow" type of occurrence. Makes for lots of speculation and head scratching with out any information from the NRA as to why. I'm both glad and sad about this. Sad that I won't be going to Raton and glad for the same reason. Bucket list just lost one goal to reach.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

DavidABQ wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:31 pm Any chance that the NRA will make Ridgway the permanent home for all silhouette nationals?
Are you going to trust anything that comes out of their mouths or is published on their websight or is disseminated to you through someone that trusted the information they were receiving?

I'm no expert but there is some sort of "fool me once..." saying that I seem to remember....

Plus it's hard to compete with "free"...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

NO!!!!! Ridgway will NOT be the permanent spot for the Nationals for the hundredth time!!!!!
45bpcr
A Poster
A Poster

Post by 45bpcr »

The internet ranting and raving has always confused and amused me.

On one hand folks talk about the importance increasing attendance at what ever venue they enjoy in the shooting sports.

And in their next breath they reject change.

I read the posts from folks that put their heart and soul into our sport as volunteers.
Planning, organizing and running matches.
Taking time from their lives and devoting it to folks who just wish to pay the entry fee and shoot.

The Nationals are being held at Ridgway this year
2020 just to be clear.

It dosn't matter what your personal flavor is, Ridgway has it all.
High Power?
Small bore?
Levergun?
BPCR?

It all available.
And you'll be surrounded with like minded folks.

Craig
Live Free Or Die