Bad News

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Bad News

Post by BrentD »

As my shooting partner says, Pennsylvania is a nonstarter. No Lever or BPCR for me.

Adios
Hattrix
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hattrix »

When the actual dates come out might be be a good time for a “ centrally located club” to schedule a regional or state match!! 😬
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Houston? I can bring Blue Corn chips AND salsa
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

psteiger wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:02 pm Houston? I can bring Blue Corn chips AND salsa
I made a statement like that.... Teresa scowled at me.... =))

Will have to see how this shakes out but it would be a good date to have a regional.... =))
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

Wow, that sucks. I guess I am luck I never bought my airfare yet. That would of really pissed me off more than I am now. A really great way to make everybody happy, NRA. I wish I had a bigger range out here.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

The Aussies are the BIG losers in this. I'm bummed.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

I was wondering about that for this year.
Dennis
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

At this point I'm a little confused. On Oct 2, 2019 lijeboy posted the dates for the 2020 Sill Nationals and confirmed them again on Nov 12, 2019 saying they were final. What gives? Is this post related to the 2020 Nationals or the 2021 Sil Nationals.
ppkny
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

ppkny wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:20 am At this point I'm a little confused. On Oct 2, 2019 lijeboy posted the dates for the 2020 Sill Nationals and confirmed them again on Nov 12, 2019 saying they were final. What gives? Is this post related to the 2020 Nationals or the 2021 Sil Nationals.
ppkny
This years.... 2020.... yes, the dates were already posted.... I believe it's called pulling the rug out... welcome to the floor.

What makes me wonder also, what did Ridgeway have to do with this. Any reasonable person would recognize this is not a good thing. Did they lobby to have the Nationals changed even though they should have known people actually make plans more then six months out for large expenditures of their time and money.... or did the NRA do this.... knowing the same but Ridgeway made them a offer they couldn't refuse.... (it's always about the money...)

There are going to be a lot of butt hurt over this.... maybe that is the goal? Keeping it classy.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

psteiger wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:02 pm Houston? I can bring Blue Corn chips AND salsa
YUUUUMMMYYYYYY, I like blue corn tortilla chips. I can bring some salsa too!

:D

Maybe we should petition that blue corn tortilla chips and salsa be served at all NRA silhouette Nationals?
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

cedestech wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:36 am . or did the NRA do this.... knowing the same but Ridgeway made them a offer they couldn't refuse.... (it's always about the money...)
Perhaps Ridgeway offered to buy LaPierre a $6M house.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

BrentD wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:17 am
cedestech wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:36 am . or did the NRA do this.... knowing the same but Ridgeway made them a offer they couldn't refuse.... (it's always about the money...)
Perhaps Ridgeway offered to buy LaPierre a $6M house.
Or unfettered access to Lord and Taylor...
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

I can say with 100% confidence that Ridgway had nothing to do with the NRA moving The Nationals in 2020.
judylee
B Poster
B Poster

Post by judylee »

I think we are all aware that Ridgeway has been lobbying the NRA for many years to have the Nationals at their facility, and now they have them. I'm sure they will do a great job and I will be watching for the updates on the matches. Good luck to all who attend.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Has it dawned on any of you that the members of Ridgway Rifle Club are unpaid volunteers who are giving up their personal vacation time to run the National matches for you?
Obviously something happened between the NRA and WC. It would then be a good guess that the NRA approached RRC and not the other way around. RRC members probably agreed to step up and fill that need. That would be my guess.