UPDATE! Ridgway Gathering for SteelChickens Members

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

UPDATE! Ridgway Gathering for SteelChickens Members

Post by atomicbrh »

What do you think about having some kind of informal gathering of the Steel Chickens members during the 2019 National matches in Ridgway?
Maybe give a few prizes away in a drawing for those who participate in the forum.
Somebody smarter than me should organize it and come up with something. Maybe something that would take just a few minutes but allow people to put a face and a name to these forum handles.
What do you think?
UPDATE!
EDIT: They approved it. It is back on at the range.
Date: August 4, 2019
Time: As soon as Mike is finished with the Awards Ceremony for Smallbore Day 1.
Where: Under the big tent.
Read the rest of this thread to join the fun.
It will be quick so bring a prize and a pen to fill out your card for the drawing quickly so we can go eat.
Last edited by atomicbrh on Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Ridgway Gathering for SteelChickens Members

Post by acorneau »

atomicbrh wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:26 pm What do you think about having some kind of informal gathering of the Steel Chickens members during the 2019 National matches in Ridgway?
Maybe give a few prizes away in a drawing for those who participate in the forum.
Somebody smarter than me should organize it and come up with something. Maybe something that would take just a few minutes but allow people to put a face and a name to these forum handles.
What do you think?
You're off to a great start so let us know the details once they are decided. I'll be rolling into town Friday evening and leaving after the clinic Wednesday, so any time between then works for me.
B-)
Allen Corneau
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

OK, I propose this as a quick "get together" for steel chickens members for the Lunch Break on the first day of 2019 Smallbore Nationals in Ridgway on August 4, 2019.
1. Be a Steel Chickens member with a Steel Chickens Name or "handle" as they say.
2. Bring a small prize with you.
3. I will bring some old business cards.
4. Eat lunch.
5. Put all the prizes on a table.
6. Put your steel chickens name on the back of a card.
7. Put the cards in some kind of container.
8. Shake the container up.
9. Draw names out of the container.
10. Steel chickens member walks up and picks a prize off the table.
11. Everybody gets a prize!
I am in and will bring a stopwatch as a prize. Allen, are you in and can you assist me to make things run efficiently since we will only have lunch break time?
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

May I suggest the last day of HP Nationals as all will have been or are there attending.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Hermit, There are many people that do not shoot highpower or cannot stay for high power. I also know some people who cannot shoot smallbore this year and are only shooting highpower. I suggest somebody organize the same get together/prize exchange for one of the highpower days.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Atomicbrh, I cannot think of a better person to coordinate both the Small bore Steelchickens,get together and the HP Steelchickens get together. Thank you for volunteering to organize this.

Well done.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

We do not shoot highpower and cannot stay for Highpower even if we did shoot it.
Somebody else can do the steelchickens pot luck prize giveaway for Highpower.
The reason we are not holding it on awards night or during the provided meal is not to cause confusion or distract from the "official" activities put on by the club.
Hats, shirts, a box of ammo, funny gift, cleaning kit, a mystery box gift that you cannot tell what it contains until you open it, something unique to your home state, etc.
Bring it. Use your head to come up with something cheap but entertaining and easy to pack for the people who might be flying.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: UPDATE: Ridgway Gathering for SteelChickens Members

Post by atomicbrh »

This idea was not approved by the Ridgway Rifle Club.
Word from Mike is that it will not work at lunch on any of the match days.
Bring your prizes anyway and we will work out a time somewhere, somehow after first day's events are over on August 4,2019.
It may be in a city park or other free public meeting spot.
If no table is available, we will do it on the tailgate of a truck
UPDATE!
EDIT: They approved it. It is back on at the range.
Date: August 4, 2019
Time: As soon as Mike is finished with the Awards Ceremony for Smallbore Day 1.
Where: Under the big tent.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: UPDATE! Ridgway Gathering for SteelChickens Members

Post by atomicbrh »

We have had a few questions and clarifications.
1. No goofy stick on name tags like a regular forum meet and greet. This is different. You are identified by your steelchickens name when called up to pick your prize.
2. You cannot touch or pick up the prizes off the table. You have to go by the outside appearance of the prize alone.
3. Prizes are allowed to be deceptive in what they really contain. What they contain can be better or worse than what the outside of the box portrays.
4. Once you touch a prize on the table it is yours.