NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by Another Dang 9 »

DonM according to the NYT North is out.
"If you don't follow the news, you are uninformed. If you do follow the news, you are misinformed."
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
topclass
A Poster
A Poster

Post by topclass »

regardless of what is fiction or fantasy, I get tired of the constant "the sky is really falling this time, this crisis is the real crisis" fundraising. I understand it takes money to be effective inside the beltway, but like crying wolf, when does one know when "this time it is for real"? There was a recent article in the New Yorker magazine that shed some light on what is going on inside of the NRA. Not pretty if even half of it is true.

While protecting our 2nd Amendment rights is important, I liked the NRA more when it was not so heavily invested in confrontational advocacy.
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

cedestech wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:46 am
DonM wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:41 am
Another Dang 9 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 pm Dave first off. Its being pushed by NY. Do you believe anything out of NY? Second do you know what a self fulfilling prophecy is? Just ignore the doom and gloom of leftism its designed to make logical people crazy.
I guess I don’t follow your line here.
Are you trying to tell us that Ollie North and some of the other board people that want LaPierre removed because of the almost pure corruption that the audits have turned up are because NY is pushing them to do it.
Read Col. West's editorial about the situation... if there is any honor the people in question will reimburse the moneys in question and fade away... I am betting it won't happen though and it's going to be ugly.
Yup and the auditors are worried about some of the other strange things going on that may have put the tax exempt status in real jeopardy
Likely to get pretty ugly and when the dust settles it’s antbodies guess as to what is left standing
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Another Dang 9 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 pm
Dave first off. Its being pushed by NY. Do you believe anything out of NY? Second do you know what a self fulfilling prophecy is? Just ignore the doom and gloom of leftism its designed to make logical people crazy.

I think that is where Dave is from. ^#(^
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Have any of you ever heard Wayne Lapierre speak? I have heard many "important" people speak publicly. Military officers including chief of staff, head of the VA, college presidents, PhD' s, MD's, ministers etc. just as most of you have. Lapierre is a far better public speaker than anybody else I have ever heard speak. He is so good at influencing the audience that it is kind of scary.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

We will see how it plays out.
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

The NRA is incorporated in New York state, so yup New York is having a problem with some of the things that have gone on that may very well be in violation of the articles of incorporation, and subsequent changes in New York law...
For the most part we'll have to sit back and see what's left standing after the dust settles.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Just how far can we trust the media when they all want the NRA done away with? Do we really know what is going on? I don't think so.