Silhouette ID Cards

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Silhouette ID Cards

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

Okay, I have to ask. Please be kind :ympray:.
I have been BUSY the past few months. I have recently looked through the threads on this board.
Do I need to have my card before I can shoot this year? How much trouble am I in? Are the "Silhouette I.D. Cards" and the "Classification Cards" different cards or one in the same?
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

DAVIDMAGNUM wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:51 pm Okay, I have to ask. Please be kind :ympray:.
I have been BUSY the past few months. I have recently looked through the threads on this board.
Do I need to have my card before I can shoot this year? How much trouble am I in? Are the "Silhouette I.D. Cards" and the "Classification Cards" different cards or one in the same?
You are a dead man walking... It is over for you. :)) :))

Nah, not a big problem.
Scan your book's cover from last year, and all the pages that have scores on them for the games you shoot. Make it clear they are fully (and correctly) filled out. Make sure they are legible too. Then email the images to tournrpts@nrahq.org

Do it not later than yesterday.

Just kidding, but do it soon. Don't make it any harder on the NRA than it is already. You know how overstaffed they are.

I think you are going to make it.
:)
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Well I sent them all in again to Aaron and Tournament Reports (which I still have as Ms. Chin?).

If they don't come in correct this time I give.

Out of my 9 (so much easier to keep up with than one book) cards a few are AAA and AA because I don't shoot them but every once in a while and I asked them to just make them all Master so I don't have to get new cards. I also assured them I wouldn't be requesting a downgrade in my lifetime...

:lol:

(I didn't even turn in Pistol books because I don't see myself shooting Hunter Pistol ever again... no reason to muddy the matter... I also will be shooting high power this year but guess I'll wait for the first match to request cards...)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Yet another point to ponder.....

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

I received a Classification Card yesterday.
One card, "SILH LEVER ACTION RIFLE".
Now I just happen to be in the same classification for all three rifles. However that can change during the course of a year.
Should I have THREE cards? One each for Rim Fire, Pistol and CLA? Curious about what others have gotten.
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
shootnchef
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shootnchef »

If it has been a few days since you shot a match how do you go about getting your id cards.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I guess if you sent in photos of your scorebook and have not received your classification card you are just out of luck? Maybe I will pester the match director of the next Nationals at Whittington Center about transferring my book to a card?
shootnchef
B Poster
B Poster

Post by shootnchef »

Well I guess I will just have to shoot unclassified for awhile still.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

The newer competitors may not know what shootnchef is referring to. Chad (shootnchef) is one of a few people who came to the conclusion that it was pointless for a Master class competitor to buy a book when they would automatically be put in master class if they showed up for every match as a non-classified competitor without a book.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

DavidABQ wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:22 pm Maybe I will pester the match director of the next Nationals at Whittington Center about transferring my book to a card?
:? :D
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Deleted
Last edited by lijeboy on Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Yet another point to ponder.....

Post by lijeboy »

DAVIDMAGNUM wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:03 am I received a Classification Card yesterday.
One card, "SILH LEVER ACTION RIFLE".
Now I just happen to be in the same classification for all three rifles. However that can change during the course of a year.
Should I have THREE cards? One each for Rim Fire, Pistol and CLA? Curious about what others have gotten.
You should eventually receive one for each discipline.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
Hattrix
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hattrix »

I’m a little confused. I received 3 cards. 2 identical cards “Silh lever action rifle” AAA. And one with just a 4 digit number on it. Is the 4 digit card my new competitor #?
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Hattrix wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:07 am I’m a little confused. I received 3 cards. 2 identical cards “Silh lever action rifle” AAA. And one with just a 4 digit number on it. Is the 4 digit card my new competitor #?

I would contact NRA if I were you. Sounds like a mistake.

Tournrpts@nrahq.org
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.