I have a dilemma.

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: I have a dilemma.

Post by Another Dang 9 »

All "match pressure" is self imposed. Lanny Bassham summed it up by saying "it's not the last shot, its not the next shot, its this shot and only this shot"
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
abraverman
A Poster
A Poster

Post by abraverman »

dustinflint wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:22 pm Go to the match AND practice. Use some spent brass and dry fire. Practice can be free.

Dustin
No no no!!! I’ve told you a thousand times, do not dry fire!! Always use live ammo for practice!! :evil:
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

That is funny Adam.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Every match is practice....we strive for improvement...thus every match works to that end. As 'Duco' from the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly said: "when its time to shoot, shoot, don't talk"
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Not "Duco"". Eli Wallach's character was "Tuco".
Just like Clint Eastwood could not shoot a real gun in real life, Wallach could never ride a horse no matter how many riding lessons the studio forced him to take.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Awh man!!! Don’t dare tell me that Clint can’t shoot!!!!!!! That’s no different than saying that Quigley can’t shoot!!! This just ruins my day.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

abraverman wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:01 pm
dustinflint wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:22 pm Go to the match AND practice. Use some spent brass and dry fire. Practice can be free.

Dustin
No no no!!! I’ve told you a thousand times, do not dry fire!! Always use live ammo for practice!! :evil:
HA! I knew that you'd get on to me for that!

Dustin
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

As people discuss how to grow our sport, if we could get just one high profile person to shoot silhouette and it for sure would grow from that alone. If Quigley shot silhouette just once a year?
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

It could be as simple as asking him... Maybe..? Then again he is more closely associated with Black powder because of the Quigley movie. I also believe he is a scatter gun guy in practice...
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Ok...I was wrong about "Tuco" ….but Clint Eastwood is pals with Sen Pat Leahy and they shoot together; Clint also has a concealed carry permit and carries. Eli Wallach did most of his own stunts and rode a horse so well that with his hands tied rode a spooked horse in a famous scene from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly, All this means nothing to the concept that one should always shoot in available competitions ….that's the best practice
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Highly skilled stunt men and standard studio camera tricks taught in the cinematography majors. Wallach can't ride and Clint the democrat cannot and will not shoot just like the photoshopped picture of Obama skeet shooting. You have to admit that Sergio was a master in the analog film world. See reality. They are actors.
Audi Murphy, Roy Rogers and Ben "son" Johnson were the real deal. Son worked on the largest ranch in Oklahoma where his dad was the foreman. Son delivered horses to the studios. His story is worth reading. He quit acting for a year to compete on the rodeo circuit.
I speak from experience. My 80 year old dad is probably still the largest cattle producer in central Mississippi maybe the largest in our whole state. No fun with hay production, working chutes and head gates, giving shots, worming, equipment breaking down when needed the most, winter feeding, etc. I went into a totally different field.