AZ State HP report.

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

AZ State HP report.

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Well, I thought someone would have posted some words by now. So here goes....

We had 48 standard guns and 36 hunter guns participate in last weekends state match. The weather was typical for Phoenix this time of year with 86-91-93 degrees for Fri. Sat. and Sun. Off and on winds from the SW made hitting targets difficult at times. One big dust devil knocked over a bunch of pigs on Sunday. Overall scores were lower than usual for the conditions. Sorry, I don't have them. John Mullins was the State Champ in both rifles. There were a couple of us on his tail, though. A few rung rams cost him some points. Great shooting with no X's hurts. I lost one ram point due to hitting the wrong one. Nice shoulder shot and over it went. I totally blame my spotter for his lack of guidance.

I had a good weekend score wise, too. Brought home lots of glassware. Thanks go out to Jim, Nancy, Bob, Joy, Yoshi, Bill and John for running another great match.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
high power skipper
B Poster
B Poster

Re: AZ State HP report.

Post by high power skipper »

Bob
if you don't have room to store your guns because of all of your new trophies let me know?
scott
bigmike6970
B Poster
B Poster

Post by bigmike6970 »

Bob,
Nice shooting and write up.

Mike
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Nice shooting. Love those sporters.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Thanks, guys. Al, those 7-08 rifles are the same except for barrels. Both have same HS Precision sporter stock, Rem. 700 unaltered action except for a couple of custom bolt and shroud touches, old style stock triggers, Leupold 25x with 3/8"ths. dot and Leupold hardware on both. The top is a 24" #3 Douglas barrel and bottom is a 26" #5 Douglas. Both have 6400 shots each on the odometers and still shooting great.

Skipper, I will pass on your kind offer.