Louisiana Smallbore & Air Rifle Silhouette Championship, May 5-6, 2018

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Louisiana Smallbore & Air Rifle Silhouette Championship, May 5-6, 2018

Post by dustinflint »

Please join the Louisiana Rifle Silhouette Team in Gonzales, LA in May for the Louisiana Smallbore & Air Rifle Silhouette Championship. Please see the attached program and entry form.

Please pay special attention to the air rifle match format on the program - it's a little different than usual. Post here or contact me with any questions. If you'd like to come for both days but don't have an air rifle, let me know and I'll see if we can hunt one up.

Dustin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Louisiana Smallbore & Air Rifle Silhouette Championship, May 5-6, 2018

Post by acorneau »

Great, another check I have to send to Dustin.
:p

I've got it on my calendar and will be looking forward to it, although I hope we get a little less rain then we did last year.

I'll see you guys in a couple of weeks for the Shamrock Shootoff!
%%-
Allen Corneau
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Reminder that this match is in two weeks!

If you plan to come and haven't mailed in an entry form, please shoot me an email with your classifications (email address is on the program, attached to this thread).

Thanks.

Dustin
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Results are below. Thanks very much to everyone who came out to shoot!
2018 LA Smallbore & Air Rifle Championship.jpg
Dustin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Boy the results beat me home! Thank you Dustin, Jerry, Bruce and Joe for a great match. Awesome shooting Dustin. Sorry I couldn't find my A game to challenge you. Great food. The "Spectator Challenge" was a fantastic way to get people in the sport. It was an exciting sidebar to the match. Reminded me of the scrum at Harrods in London on the after Christmas day sale. Y'all did great. I liked the airgun. Next year I challenge you to a target gun match. Shall we put money on it?

p
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Please explain the “Spectator Challenge “?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Spectators (parents of the 4H kids, spouses, etc.) took 10 shots at Pigs with their kid's/spouse's rifles. Top score received a brick of Lapua Center-X and second place got a brick of SK Rifle Match. No entry fee with a chance to win a $100 or $75 brick of ammo, can't beat that with a stick!

Dustin and the Louisiana crew put on a great match as usual. I really like the combined smallbore/air rifle format of the weekend.

:ymapplause:
Allen Corneau
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

psteiger wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:06 pm Boy the results beat me home! Thank you Dustin, Jerry, Bruce and Joe for a great match. Awesome shooting Dustin. Sorry I couldn't find my A game to challenge you. Great food. The "Spectator Challenge" was a fantastic way to get people in the sport. It was an exciting sidebar to the match. Reminded me of the scrum at Harrods in London on the after Christmas day sale. Y'all did great. I liked the airgun. Next year I challenge you to a target gun match. Shall we put money on it?
Pat/Allen

Thanks for the nice words; and thanks for coming to the match. Pat, your Target Rifle challenge sounds good to me DEPENDING on what the grand aggregate looks like after Saturday (if Elisabeth shows up next year I'll likely have to shoot the Open Rifle).

A couple things to notice: First, there are FIVE state championships on the line at this match plus the Grand Aggregate State Championship - and the format does not allow one person to run the table and win everything. There is a lot to shoot for.

Second, we had more JUNIOR shooters at this match than SENIOR shooters! That's a great sign!!

Dustin
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

Dustin: Congratulations on some fine shooting in some very tough wind conditions. Thanks again for running a great match.

I want to thank all of the shooters that made the trip to shoot with us at this match.

It was nice to meet Pat's friend that came up from Mexico to shoot with us.

I think the Spectator Challenge was very well received and a lot of fun to watch.