Jerry Breithaupt as my friend

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Jerry Breithaupt as my friend

Post by duckgumbo »

I lost one of the best friends that I have ever had last night. Jerry Breithaupt had suffered a massive stroke on Saturday morning and was airlifted to LSU Medical Center in Shreveport. The stroke had caused too much damage and Jerry is definitely in a much better place. The services are at Mulhearn's in Winnsboro. Visitation will be Thursday 5 - 7 PM and the funeral will be 10 AM on Friday.

There is so much running through my mind about the friendship of Jerry and myself and how our journey as best friends started over 30 years ago at Winnsboro Gun Club. We travelled many a mile to matches on several states and the SHOT Show trying to produce the best Smallbore Silhouette Match in the world. Jerry and I were both equal partners in running the match and were fortunate to have the best membership in Winnsboro Gun Club to work the match while we got all the glory. We talked daily at his drug store about what we could do to improve the match for everyone. We got the best advice from all over the country and took every thought to heart.

I cannot thank Jerry enough for being my best friend and conspirator in the Southern Nationals. Jerry was the rock that made our event so successful. Every shooter that was privileged to meet Jerry knows what t great and unselfish guy he was. I want to thank every competitor that ever attended the Southern Nationals for 20 years when we actively ran the match to know that Jerry and I could not have accomplished what Winnsboro Gun Club as well as he and I without your support and truly deep and long-lasting friendship.

I closing, I want to say the Jerry E Breithaupt was an inspiration to all that knew him. Always positive and encouraging to myself and most importantly his children and grandchildren. I am so grateful to have been able to call Jerry my best friend for many, many years.
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Jerry Breithaupt as my friend

Post by dustinflint »

Well said, David.

Jerry was a great guy - always smiling and having a good time. You and he ran the most influential and important match in the history of our game. Jerry leaves behind an incredible legacy in the silhouette world.

He will be missed.

Dustin
duckgumbo
Master Poster
Master Poster
Location: Winnsboro, Louisiana - Home of the Southern Nationals, the Greatest Show on Dirt!

Post by duckgumbo »

Thanks Dustin. Hope y'all have a great match in Jonesboro this weekend. Jerry and I had talked about riding over for a bit.
Sgt. O'Ducky
Ftard Troop
danthebulldog
B Poster
B Poster

Post by danthebulldog »

Rest In Peace my friend.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Sorry for your loss David.... Jerry was a great person, ambassador of the sport and will be greatly missed.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Sorry to hear about your friend. Wish I had gotten to meet him.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Sorry for your lost David. Jerry was a great guy, and a lot of fun.
Evelio.
Evelio
CWS
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CWS »

Funerals are to honor the fallen friends and to console the heartbroken. They are always insufficient on both counts but we have to keep trying. This week you need to help Marilyn and the kids get through the shock of the disaster when, given your closeness to Jerry, you want to join in their grief. Set aside some time for that next week... right now they need someone who can help make decisions and pull family together. You ARE family to them and they're going to need your strength to function in what's coming. I know I'll miss Jerry's infectious smile... and that look that said he knew something that would make YOU smile... and his generosity... and his sense of fun. But not as much as you will. We're sorry for your loss. We seem to be running out of friends.

Bill and Mary
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Sgt Ducky,
Such a great man, Winnsoboro will not be the same with out Jerry. RIP Jerry.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

I am gonna miss his wry sense of humor. What a great guy. Thank you Jerry.
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

Only met Jerry a couple times, but he will be sorely missed.

ShootingStar
Greg Chandler