2016 World Cup of Silhouette CANCELLED

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

2016 World Cup of Silhouette CANCELLED

Post by dustinflint »

Everyone,

I've changed my mind on running this tournament this year and I'm cancelling the 2016 WCoS. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you've mailed me an entry fee it's in the mail heading back your way.

Dustin
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: 2016 World Cup of Silhouette CANCELLED

Post by GSL »

Sorry to hear this Dustin ...
GSL .
abraverman
A Poster
A Poster

Post by abraverman »

Dustin, thank you for your efforts in putting on the 2015 World Cup of Silhouette. I imagine that no one really knows how much work goes into organizing and running an event of this type. I'm sure you had to chase the shooters down for their scores, and although i would be disappointed, I would not be surprised if some of the shooters did not get around to sending in their entry fees.

The same thanks goes out to all of the Match Directors around the country for giving so much of your time and effort to keep this sport going. I know that sometimes it seems that everyone takes you for granted and doesn't show much appreciation, but we do thank you so much.

I hope to see as many of you as possible is 2016 at smallbore and high power silhouette matches nationwide. Maybe some will even venture out to Raton July 3-5 for the NRA Smallbore Silhouette Championships. I understand this will be a great match.

For the good of the game!!

AB
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Adam, Scott and everyone,

Thanks for the replies. I've received several emails and phone calls about this and I want everyone to know that I don't consider this tournament done forever and the cancellation is not (completely) due to the post earlier last week regarding outstanding prize money. I say not completely due to that because that post did help me decide that running this tournament the way I did it last year is not going to work for me this year time-wise. If the tournament is going to happen, it needs to be done correctly and does not need to be delayed if I get slammed with work or other personal things.

That said, I'm looking at a few options to make the process more automated and internet based in the future. I have always thought this tournament and this format is a good idea, the execution of it just needs some tweaking so it's not so dependent on me doing everything. I'm very committed to making the airgun silhouette nationals on March 18-20, the LAPUA Winnsboro Open on June 3-5, and the Louisiana CLA Championship on December 3-4 all GREAT matches (so y'all come!). I didn't want to overcommit.

So, I still consider this tournament alive, just on hold until it can be better. If you like this tournament (or don't), let me know. If you have suggestions, let me know. Either way, I hope everyone gets out and about and enjoys shooting a LOT of silhouette in 2016!

Dustin
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Very well said. My plans, if possible is to make all three of the matches mentioned.
When the tweaking is complete, count me in.
And as soon as I can figure out how do virtual help, I'll be ready! Danny.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

Dustin,

You have hurt my feelings! You left out the Mid-South Regional in April. Surely you can make that one too.

Greg
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

GTS wrote:Dustin,

You have hurt my feelings! You left out the Mid-South Regional in April. Surely you can make that one too.

Greg
Greg,

Of course I plan to go to the Mid-South Regional! We wouldn't miss it. I only listed the three championship matches that I run. I plan on ATTENDING lots of matches across the country this year!

Dustin