2016 Outdoor Air Pistol Silhouette Spring Series Central Mississippi

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

2016 Outdoor Air Pistol Silhouette Spring Series Central Mississippi

Post by atomicbrh »

Julie and I will be hosting a 6 week long Spring 2016 Outdoor Air Pistol Silhouette Series in Brandon, Mississippi. These matches will be held on consecutive Tuesdays. In addition to the after work group there will be a morning group for the retired folks. After the last match a small prize will be awarded to the person with the highest aggregate score for the entire series. 2016 match dates are March 15, 22, and 29. April 5, 12, and 19. If successful we will host a similar Summer and Fall Series. E-mail atomicbrh@hotmail.com for more information. Bobby R. Huddleston
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Re: 2016 Outdoor Air Pistol Silhouette Spring Series Central Mississippi

Post by richard »

Nice to see you running AP silo. Great discipline and wish more clubs would run them. We run both indoor and outdoor at Falls near Philadelphia, PA. Not much space needed and equipment needed to shoot is not expensive compared to most shooting sports. We even have guys shooting Crosman CO2 guns and one of them hold s many national records.
I hope you get lots of support from shooters in your area.
Good luck!
Richard
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

We decided to try a air pistol series because there are many people in our area who need to make the effort to shoot silhouette. They always have an excuse not to shoot rifle silhouette: too busy on Saturdays, too wobbly with the rifle the first time they try to line up on a animal(duh, the more you practice, the smaller the wobble becomes), too expensive. You know the excuses. Now we offer a series where the total cost of used equipment can be less than the cost of just a typical silhouette rifle scope. In 2007 we travelled to Haltom City, TX to shoot Air Pistols on a Tuesday night. They had a good crowd that included a lot of retired folks. We want to replicate Haltom City's successful program and maybe that will lead people into Air Rifle, Smallbore and other Silhouette disciplines.
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Post by richard »

Back when I was working and traveling I also had the privilege to shoot at Haltom City. Very nice group and it was magnitudes better than watching TV in a motel.
Richard