Postal Worker possibly thwarts our NRA Correspondence

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postal Worker possibly thwarts our NRA Correspondence

Post by atomicbrh »

When I address any correspondence to the NRA or the NRA Silhouette Department, the letter never makes it. I think the local Postal worker or mail sorter destroys it because they hate the NRA. When I address it to an individual with nothing referring to the NRA on the envelope, the envelope makes it every time. Example: I put just Greg Connor or Carolyn Chin on the envelope. So, if you are having trouble like I had, try this strategy.
Last edited by atomicbrh on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Postal Worker possibly thwarts our Silhouette Club Activities

Post by hermit5 »

You need to contact your postmaster and set up a sting.If in fact this is whats happening the person needs to sit in a jail cell and think about how good he had it.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Postmaster here will be no better than her recruits. A few years ago a friend never received mail that he should have received. Followed postal person one day. Every time the worker would pass a dumpster they grabbed a handful of mail out of the bag and threw it in the dumpster to lighten their load. Welcome to Mississippi.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Good Grief,do something about it.If you don't the crap continues and they win.No excuses,fix it.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Follow them and take a video of them doing that. Send it off to television stations and to the postmaster general in Washington DC.

Sending it to your Congressman might get some action.
dscak1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dscak1 »

You can contact the US Postal Inspection Service and file a complaint. Dont know if they can help or not, but worth the effort to try to prevent further abuse by local mail individuals.
Xgecko
Unclassified Poster

Post by Xgecko »

very strange....my post office services 4 ranges, 2 police departments, a Nat Park service office and a gunshop. I have delivered Gun's, bullets, registration info, licensing, all manner of NRA paperwork with nary a complaint....FTR I live in Southern New England. I would second the recommendation and call the Post Office inspector and file a complaint
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Contact the USPS Office of Inspector General. Google it. They have online forms and/or an 800 number you can call. I'm with hermit5. If you don't fix it, nobody will. Don't be a part of the problem, be the solution.

Jeanne
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

dscak1 wrote:You can contact the US Postal Inspection Service and file a complaint. Dont know if they can help or not, but worth the effort to try to prevent further abuse by local mail individuals.

This is exactly correct. I was recruited to be a postal inspectors years back (didn't take it) and was given the whole dog and pony show. Those people are serious as cancer about the mail not getting messed with. I mean to the point that inside of a BMC (bulk mail center) SCF or DDU there are freaking duck blinks up round the ceiling where they observe sorters. If somebody god help them sees a stamp fall on the floor you need to get a supv to come out and log it.

Just saying. If you really believe there is stuff like this going down. Reporting it will get action taken.
Res ipsa loquitur
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Contact the Inspector General for the post office. He doesn't belong to their union.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

If this really happened, Call the friend and get his/her name, address and telephone number. Give that friend's name, address and telephone number to the Postal Inspector. They are dead serious about this stuff and will prosecute FEDERALLY ! If the friend doesn't want to get involved or someone tells you they don't want to reveal their " witness" it didn't happen. You can't complain if you don't take action to get it fixed.
Just Be Nice **==
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

In my 4th world state this kind of thing is common. Their misplaced hatred of the NRA will go all the way up the chain of command in our area. This post should have been titled "thwarts our NRA correspondence". I think I will edit the title to reflect this. I worked for the Federal Government for 31 years 6 months and 4 days. I know which battles to fight. The way around this one is to just address the envelopes to a person without any reference to the NRA.
Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions. We have a great group of folks on this forum.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Postal Worker possibly thwarts our NRA Correspondence

Post by glen ring »

Well that was predictable.
Just Be Nice **==
EddyCharles
Unclassified Poster

Post by EddyCharles »

I have noticed correspondence from shooting organizations (my gun club, shooting supply outfits, etc often does not get delivered to my home address. So...I have learned to rely on the internet.

I have never noticed a problem with magazines or packages from shooting organizations...the responsible people within the post office do not wish to draw the ire of organizations. They feel individual citizens are fair game.

Unfortunately the number of people who handle the mail make it difficult to identify the troublemaker. Anyone witnessing a postal employee trashing mail should be reported.

Sort of similar...we used to notice people delivering USPS mail in our neighborhood out of uniform. I questioned one of these people with no USPS identification but they did not understand English. Apparantly some USPS employees were hiring friends and relatives to cover their shift for them while they vacationed or took a day off. Calling the local USPS office resulted in talking to some one who thought I was being a troublemaker until I demanded a formal complaint be registered.

On another occasion I watched through my kitchen window as a postal employee deposited a pink slip in my mail box. He had no package and made no attempt to ring the door bell or knock. The slip stated that they tried to deliver a package but I was not at home so I would have to pick the package up at my local post office!

It is a sad state of affairs that an institution as revered as the USPS had been in the past has sunk to it's current level.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

With the number of cameras in circulation all of this is very risky behavior for anyone that appreciates their job and their freedom. Established habits die hard, but the postal workers I've known were pretty serious about their job, so rooting out bad ones might actually make you some friends.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis